Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus Lg
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: Rx 10 - 20cm, Usually 10-14cm
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: RESMED AIRSENCE 10 AUTO MYAIR
(04-13-2016 04:57 PM)BobF Wrote:  
(04-13-2016 04:36 PM)sdb7802 Wrote:  Fairly easy. Yes. Yes.

IMHO, SleepyHead is much better than ResScan.

Are there any detailed instructions to setup a Desktop WIN7 PC and the card to read the data? Can I use ResScan to access the wireless data or does the data go into a folder on my PC that I can access with ResScan? Thanks, Bob.

Hi BobF,
I have't used ResScan in about a year now - originally I used both ResScan and SleepyHead in case I needed to show reports to someone. I have since abandoned ResScan, as IMHO SleepyHead presents the data in a MUCH more readable and usable manner.

From when I did use ResScan, I seem to recall that ResScan will ONLY import from the actual SD card. I believe this is intentional, as ResScan can be used to change therapy settings on the SD card, which take effect when the SD card is re-inserted in the machine. ResScan's design was aimed at Respiratory Techs and other professionals, not for use at home by patients.

I haven't tried the FlashAir wireless card or the software that does the transfer - don't know if it has the ability to fool ResScan into thinking it is reading an actual SD card or not. Perhaps someone with that experience can comment on this.

Hope this helps.

A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
04-14-2016 04:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
BobF Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Blue Gel Full Face Large
Humidifier: Built in
CPAP Pressure: 12.8
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

(04-14-2016 04:54 PM)becker44a Wrote:  

Are there any detailed instructions to setup a Desktop WIN7 PC and the card to read the data? Can I use ResScan to access the wireless data or does the data go into a folder on my PC that I can access with ResScan? Thanks, Bob.

Hi BobF,
I have't used ResScan in about a year now - originally I used both ResScan and SleepyHead in case I needed to show reports to someone. I have since abandoned ResScan, as IMHO SleepyHead presents the data in a MUCH more readable and usable manner.

From when I did use ResScan, I seem to recall that ResScan will ONLY import from the actual SD card. I believe this is intentional, as ResScan can be used to change therapy settings on the SD card, which take effect when the SD card is re-inserted in the machine. ResScan's design was aimed at Respiratory Techs and other professionals, not for use at home by patients.

I haven't tried the FlashAir wireless card or the software that does the transfer - don't know if it has the ability to fool ResScan into thinking it is reading an actual SD card or not. Perhaps someone with that experience can comment on this.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the info.I did try Sleepyhead a long time ago.I have used ResScan for a long time with my old ResMed S9. I now have the Airsense 10. I have made pdf's to show my doctor. Once my 3 months compliance data is over I will go and retry Sleepyhead. Does Sleepyhead show the usage daily compliance data? My lung doctor has been happy with my data.

I was looking for a way to retrieve the data without having to remove the card to review it.

Bob.
04-14-2016 05:52 PM
sonicboom Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Airsense 10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10, Dreamwear
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 4.6-7.6
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(04-14-2016 04:54 PM)becker44a Wrote:  

Hi BobF,

Hope this helps.

I use the FlashAir wireless card to successfully import data to then be read by ResScan and SH. Search the software support forum and you will find instructions on how to set this up and which SD card to buy.

Coffee
04-14-2016 08:43 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
jtprop Offline

New Members

Machine: Fisher & Paykal Icon Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed p10
Humidifier: Built in
CPAP Pressure: 7.5 - 12 cm/h20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Wink RE: RESMED AIRSENCE 10 AUTO MYAIR
(04-12-2016 10:59 PM)Possum Wrote:  I can confirm that if you purchase the model made for the United States, the modem will only work with American cellular systems. It did not work for me throughout Europe, for example. However, I concur that MyAir is mostly useless - it only provides a very high level, shallow view of your data. If you're going to be a PAP'er, do it right and learn how to analyze your own data and take charge of your own therapy!

(stepping down off soap box) Smile

likeThanks
(04-09-2016 08:11 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:  G'day jtprop, welcome to Apnea Board.

From what I understand the American version of the machine won't connect to the Australian version of MyAir. On the other hand, SleepyHead will probably give you far better and more detailed information than MyAir.

By the way, please don't type in all capitals - it looks like you're SHOUTING! Wink

OkayThanks
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2016 06:24 PM by jtprop.)
04-15-2016 06:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ResMed Airsense 10 Auto Set...Runaway Pressure Abnormal86 14 557 11-22-2016 11:39 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 16 3,253 11-12-2016 02:51 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  difference between Apex XT Auto and Resmed S9 Autoset Lanco 11 443 10-11-2016 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  airsense10 auto cpap(for him) VS DreamStation Auto CPAP DSX500T11 w/HT humid rookiepom 5 864 10-09-2016 07:52 AM
Last Post: stephennic
  Resmed MYAIR Events per hr results ressler76 6 1,549 10-01-2016 11:07 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Help please new user Resmed auto 9 VERY loud mom1mg 14 738 09-26-2016 07:49 PM
Last Post: RWSENGRG
  ResMed S9 Auto VegasPier 0 236 09-19-2016 02:31 AM
Last Post: VegasPier