Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RESMED AIRSENSE S10 HUMIDIFIER SETTING
RESMED AIRSENSE S10 HUMIDIFIER SETTING
I spent my first night with this machine and had the humidifier on Auto. I woke with a slight scratchy throat and a dry nose (good thing). Can you guys give me some settings that seem most people settle on?

I came from a Respironics Remstar plus that was 10 years old. This new auto machine is like a Mercedes compared to an old Yugo. Almost zero noise and I can't hear it at all with my sleep noise app going. This machine is amazing in the way it works. I used the smart start. I turned the ramp off as I never used that and also turned the EPR off also.

On my old machine I stopped using the humidifier years ago. My allergies have been acting up and I have been waking up stuffy. Last night I was dry maybe a little too much so I am hoping I can get the humidifier dialed in quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESMED AIRSENSE S10 HUMIDIFIER SETTING
When I had mine set on auto,it used up the entire tank of water in one night. I lowered the hose temp and lowered the humidity setting to 3. Now it lasts two nights between refilling. I live in south Florida and we keep the ac set at 73 degrees overnight. Haven't had any dry throat or nose issues with either settings
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the A10, but I assume it has similar settings. I don't use Auto - it's effective at preventing rainout but too dry for me. I set humidity to 5-6 depending on the season, and hose temp maxed out at 86 deg F. However, I live in an arid climate, and you obviously live in a tropical one, so your experience will likely be completely different.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2016, 02:35 PM)NicholasB Wrote: When I had mine set on auto,it used up the entire tank of water in one night. I lowered the hose temp and lowered the humidity setting to 3. Now it lasts two nights between refilling. I live in south Florida and we keep the ac set at 73 degrees overnight. Haven't had any dry throat or nose issues with either settings

I'm down in Broward so our settings should be close and I have the AC around 73* also. I will give it a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
google "1018807_humidair-vs-h5i_fact-sheet_usa_eng.pdf"
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2016, 08:43 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: google "1018807_humidair-vs-h5i_fact-sheet_usa_eng.pdf"

Wow that was great thank you for that. I just bumped it to 5 and 86* based on the chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
5 and 86* seemed to be the sweet spot for me. Anyone know what the difference is between the dishwasher safe tub and the standard? I can see how taking the lid on and off could eventually weaken and break a hinge so i want to keep a spare.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,713 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.