Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RESMED "AIRSTART" 10
RE: RESMED "AIRSTART" 10
Thanks for making the correction about the supplier info, I just got done reading about how to refer about suppliers. Will not be making that mistake again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2016, 06:09 PM)glaffoon Wrote: Now that I know much more than I did last week and as I can't return the AirStart I'm going to order either the PR System One REMStar 60 which [Supplier #1] has on sale with the heated hose and Humidifier for $429.00 or the AirSense™ 10 AutoSet for $883.00. I know that the REMstar 60 is now discontinued but compared to the AirSense would it still be the better bang for the buck. Any recommendation on which way I should go?
The PR System One REMstar System One Series 60 Auto (model 560) is a high quality APAP even if it is no longer the latest machine from the PR line. If money is an issue and the PR System One Series 60 machine is a System One Auto (model 560), I'd go with the System One.

But I will also add this: I'd make sure that the machine that Supplier #1 is selling for $429 is a System One Series 60 Auto (model 560) rather than a System One Series 60 Pro (model 460) or System One Series 60 Plus (model 260). The Pro and the Plus are fixed pressure machines and the Plus does not record full efficacy data.

Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
As money is an issue, this will be my second purchase this week, I think the PR System One REMStar 60 which is listed as model DS560BT will be my choice. I'm really wanting to understand and track my apnea, I've lost 75 lbs sense Jan of this year and have another 50 lbs to go. The weight loss has improved all my medical issues so far and I want to see how it has effected my apnea.
It feels great to take charge of ones health.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2016, 07:53 PM)glaffoon Wrote: As money is an issue, this will be my second purchase this week, I think the PR System One REMStar 60 which is listed as model DS560BT will be my choice. I'm really wanting to understand and track my apnea
The PR System One REMStar 60 model DS560BT is a great APAP and it will let you track your data with SleepyHead. I think you will be quite happy with your decision.
Post Reply Post Reply
The DS560BT is the Remstar Auto with a Bluetooth module for use with Dreammapper. Not that big of a deal, but with the humidifier and heated tube comes to the $429 you quoted. That's a great deal, and you will find those additions make it much more comfortable. Full data, and the machine includes the SD card. Sure sounds good to me.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2016, 07:53 PM)glaffoon Wrote: I've lost 75 lbs sense Jan of this year and have another 50 lbs to go. The weight loss has improved all my medical issues so far and I want to see how it has effected my apnea.
It feels great to take charge of ones health.

Good for you! I'm jealous of course.

Welcome
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I was just online looking at travel machines. I've been hiring a transcend for vacations, but this looks like it might be a option to purchase.
I would also be keen to hear any info anyone has.
Post Reply Post Reply
as a stripped down version, is it going to be an option for travel? I have been hiring a transcend for travel, and manage without recording data, humidifier, heated hose etc. Looking to buy a machine and a battery pack that will power it. any thoughts please?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2016, 09:49 PM)bunter Wrote: as a stripped down version, is it going to be an option for travel? I have been hiring a transcend for travel, and manage without recording data, humidifier, heated hose etc. Looking to buy a machine and a battery pack that will power it. any thoughts please?

If you are wanting to use the machine with a battery pack, you would be better off with a PR System One Series 60 machine. The one-generation back PR System One Series 60 machines can run directly on 12volt power and that means that battery options are both easier to find and cheaper to buy. The Resmed machines, including the AirStart 10 can run on 24volt power, which requires either a converter of some sort (which cuts into battery life) or a very specialized battery. The newer PR DreamStations are supposed to be able to run on 12volt power, but apparently need a specialized 12volt "converter cord" to run off many CPAP batteries.

To give you a sense of the cost of the prices: If you go to Supplier #1's web site, the PR batteries that are designed to be compatible with the PR machines run roughly $300; the Resmed batteries designed to be compatible with the Resmed machines run roughly $700. Third party CPAP batteries can be used most easily with the PR System One machines; the newer PR DreamStations and both the Resmed S9s and AirSense machines will require special cords, and in the case of the Resmeds, those cords also have brick for converting the 12volt power into 24volt power, which eats into battery life.

For what it's worth, hubby and I did a week's worth of camping last summer. Since we'd like to continue to camp in the future, we bought CPAP batteries that compatible with our System One machines and were able to get 3 nights of use out of one charge. My machine was an older System One Series 50 machine that has recently been replaced by the DreamStation in my profile. Next time we go camping, I'll be bringing the System One with me instead of the DreamStation just because I don't want to have to deal with a specialized cord-converter with the chance that I will have to recharge the battery more frequently.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just received my PR System One REMStar 60 model DS560BT from supplier#1 with humidifier & heated hose for $429 total. Shipped from Texas to Calif. in 3 day.
It's really nice to be able to see what's going on while I sleep. For the last eighteen years my pressure been set at 17, using the System One for the last three nights my highest pressure was just over 11. and the avg is 9.4.
I seem to be sleeping better, and my constant sinus drainage is starting to clear-up.
I never really understood sleep apnea just trusted my doctors advice. I've a lot to learn and this new machine and this site has been a eye opener for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] resmed airstart 10 vs bmc g3 a20 Psychotech 3 769 06-27-2022, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  [Pressure] Deemed Airstart 10 AutoPAP clinician manual Ace33018 7 8,281 07-25-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: prodigyplace
  [Pressure] Airstart Set Up Dermovaya 1 1,563 05-25-2018, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question AirStart 10 CPAP as a backup machine TimtheEnchanter 13 3,086 12-15-2017, 12:43 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
Question Help! (What to do about my new Airstart!) wolrab49 17 4,171 09-28-2017, 08:33 PM
Last Post: kiwii
  Questions to Resmed Airstart APAP discontinued production. sharp56 11 4,678 09-18-2017, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.