Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RESMED "AIRSTART" 10
Question 
RESMED "AIRSTART" 10
It appears that ResMed has decided to be more competitive in their basic CPAP line and has released its "AirStart" today, September 6, 2016. It looks like it doesn't offer a heated hose or cellular connectivity, but has "card to cloud" capability using the SD card.

Has anyone heard about this machine yet?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESMED "AIRSTART" 10
Found the following: Seems to be similar to AirSense 10 elite with the following functions missing: No auto ramp; No Smart Start; No Climate Control; No Remote Assist; No Wireless Module; and No Myair
Like the Elite it does not have any Auto PAP mode.

I have not found a price yet for the device
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #1 advertising this machine.
Seems pretty dumbed down.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This will allow DMEs to hand out these cheapened versions of the 10 platform; thus, increasing their profit margins.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I got an email from them advertising it. It was just under $500 I believe.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sound like REMstar SE http://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/pr...apy-system but without the heated tube option
Post Reply Post Reply
Reminds me of John Ruskin:
Quote:“There is hardly anything in the world that someone cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price alone are that person’s lawful prey. It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money — that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot — it can’t be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

DME malfeasance non withstanding.
Post Reply Post Reply
BRICK!!!

The AirStart series offers no data, no heated hose option, and the APAP version does not have a CPAP mode. These are cheapened versions of the CPAP machines designed to maximize DME profits. If you are a new patient, do not accept an AirStart machine of any kind.

We need to get this series in the Wiki for will not work with Sleepyhead or any other software.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It has a dumb-down version of ramp. EPR. Records basic compliance data. Supplier #1 has it on sale for $340 us (at time of writing this). Would be a decent backup machine if you use CPAP mode. $419 us for the APAP model.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry to see this machine being marketed, It is almost half the price of the Airsense series, but is like a stripped version. It will meet prescription requirements at a cheaper price point, and will be pushed by DMEs looking to maximize profits. Why would they supply an Airsense if they can meet the prescription requirement with Airstart? It's just a step backward for patient empowerment...data matters.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] resmed airstart 10 vs bmc g3 a20 Psychotech 3 769 06-27-2022, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  [Pressure] Deemed Airstart 10 AutoPAP clinician manual Ace33018 7 8,281 07-25-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: prodigyplace
  [Pressure] Airstart Set Up Dermovaya 1 1,563 05-25-2018, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question AirStart 10 CPAP as a backup machine TimtheEnchanter 13 3,086 12-15-2017, 12:43 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
Question Help! (What to do about my new Airstart!) wolrab49 17 4,171 09-28-2017, 08:33 PM
Last Post: kiwii
  Questions to Resmed Airstart APAP discontinued production. sharp56 11 4,678 09-18-2017, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.