Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RESMED Airsense 10 Cellular
RESMED Airsense 10 Cellular
This is similar to another question, but I thought it warranted a new thread. I would kind of like to have the best of both worlds. There have been previous posts on how to stop your RESMED from dialing out...my question is: has anyone heard of a way to KEEP the unit contacting resmed (that way I can still use their software), but I do not want the CPAP provider accessing this info. SInce I have paid for my system, I dont want any involvement from the insurance company or provider, as they just want to continue fleecing you.
 I guess this question hinges on how the system actually works. If the unit sends the info to RESMED only, and the provider just accesses it from them, then I guess there is nothing I can do but shut it off entirely. However, if the unit is somehow programmed to call the provider as well, maybe there is a way to delete that info? Any info other people have would be appreciated. THANKS!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESMED Airsense 10 Cellular
If you own the machine and don't have to worry about compliance, I would set the machine to airplane mode and use either ResScan software or preferably #SleepyHead software.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2017, 11:00 PM)CPAPPY262 Wrote: This is similar to another question, but I thought it warranted a new thread. I would kind of like to have the best of both worlds. There have been previous posts on how to stop your RESMED from dialing out...my question is: has anyone heard of a way to KEEP the unit contacting resmed (that way I can still use their software), but I do not want the CPAP provider accessing this info. SInce I have paid for my system, I dont want any involvement from the insurance company or provider, as they just want to continue fleecing you.
 I guess this question hinges on how the system actually works. If the unit sends the info to RESMED only, and the provider just accesses it from them, then I guess there is nothing I can do but shut it off entirely. However, if the unit is somehow programmed to call the provider as well, maybe there is a way to delete that info? Any info other people have would be appreciated. THANKS!

It contacts Resmed only, and suppliers get your info from them (if they do at all, mine doesn't).
Post Reply Post Reply
I second what OpalRose recommended. SleepyHead will give you much more useful information than MyAir.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
MyAir is seriously deficient in data if you are looking to really hone in on your therapy. Set to airplane mode and use SH and ResScan as others have opined.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto on all of the above.

Doubtful that your insurance company is going to pull the data from ResMed if you have satisfied your terms of compliance.... or if you purchased the unit yourself, your insurance company doesn't even have the serial number so they can't access the ResMed information.

Combining a Toshiba FlashAir SD card with Sleepyhead allows you to download your data every morning and review before you get on with your day, without having to remove the card from the machine and carry it to your computer.
Do a search for FlashAir, there are a couple of threads on using it.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,710 10 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,580 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,758 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,035 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 225 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.