Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RESMED Airsense 10
RESMED Airsense 10
I was using it camping last night with resmed cord and when I awoke at 2 AM it was "dead". Tried to get it going for an hour and no good.
Got home and tried it with the cord and it still does not work. My company does not respond to calls on weekends.
Any thoughts on what may have happened. The machine is only 6 days old from my perspective.
Have a 12 hour work day Monday and so tired of being tired, any help is appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESMED Airsense 10
Sorry for your problems. I need to let our more electronically gifted folks respond.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2015, 09:31 PM)Azosonegro Wrote: I was using it camping last night with resmed cord and when I awoke at 2 AM it was "dead". Tried to get it going for an hour and no good.
Got home and tried it with the cord and it still does not work. My company does not respond to calls on weekends.
Any thoughts on what may have happened. The machine is only 6 days old from my perspective.
Have a 12 hour work day Monday and so tired of being tired, any help is appreciated.

Hi Azosonegro,

It is possible the unit simply failed (suffered infant mortality). Or maybe it is only the power supply module which has failed.

The normal two year warrantee will cover free replacement. Call up the company and request immediate replacement with a loaner machine or power supply until yours can be replaced.

In the mean time, Obstructive Sleep Apnea is usually strongly positional, and sleeping flat on our back is usually the worst position. So try to avoid sleeping on your back.

You might try wearing a light backpack loaded with something light but bulky, to keep you from rolling over while asleep and staying on your back. Or you might try sewing a pocket or two on the back of a snug teeshirt, lined up along the spine, right between where the shoulder blades would be, and putting a tennis ball in it, to keep you off your back.

Or, instead, perhaps you can sleep in a recliner chair, which would elevate the head and neck. That sometimes helps a lot.

Take care,
-- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
no # on the weekend I'd find a new DME but when you get home plug it in and see if it works that will let you know if if it's the battery setup or the machine. good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeping in a recliner might help.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before I got a cpap I found I could get a good sleep in the front passenger seat of a car simply because I wasnt lying flat. As you are quite tired as it is, chair sleeping is a good idea until you get a loan machine
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Azosonegro,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Sorry to hear your machine is not working.
Good luck to you in getting things straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
What was the machine plugged into? It sounds like a power surge fried the power brick to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably a long shot, but sometimes it's the simple stuff: make sure the power cord is fully inserted into the power brick - it may have come out just a little during handling.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys, I'll be trying a recliner tonight, never heard of that. It was plugged into a C100 battery pack with the resmed cord. Tried reinserting everything several times, and when I got home plugging it back into a wall with the original cord was the first thing I did, no go.
I was on CPAP 15 years ago, had the surgery and had no problems until 6 months ago. Now it's worse even though I weigh less now.
I don't like the auto funtion yet the with high pressure surges decribed by others with this machine but very grateful for so many new advances and just to live in a period when help is available.
And grateful to be able to help find help on the web, none of that 15 years back I don't think.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 405 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,725 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,603 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,771 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,178 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.