Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RESMED Airsense vs Aircurve
RE: RESMED Airsense vs Aircurve
...so I used the airsense auto for 10 days and got the DME to swap it our for the aircurve auto. I slept with the aircurve auto for 2 days and they were the worst 2 days since I started therapy 12 days ago. The machine seemed noisier, I was more restless, and my mask seemed to leak more. I actually got up one morning at 4am, took the mask off, then put it back on and slept another hour. I never did that with the airsense. Can this even be possible? I thought the aircurve was the Rolls Royce of the RESMED line. I am thinking of getting the airsense machine back and enjoying a restful night of sleep.
(12-05-2015, 03:03 PM)zonk Wrote: A10 AutoSet deliver ONE pressure, if EPR enabled, pressure drop at exhale by whatever level is selected (1, 2, 3)

Bilevel deliver TWO pressures, IPAP and EPAP
Pressure support is the difference between IPAP and EPAP can be set 4 or higher

EPR is not exactly like pressure support, it can be suspended when an apnea is detected

I would do a trail and see if helps ... set the Autoset on CPAP mode, so pressure remain constant all night (except Ramp time) and not fluctuate during the night as on AutoSet mode

Welcome

are you saying that EPR might be a better technology for preventing apneas?
Post Reply Post Reply
Something is set wrong with your settings i have an aircurve 10 asv and it is as quiet as mouse .
What are the settings set at ?
What mode is the machine in?
I think if you give us this info others that or more experienced with this particular problem will help you get this figured out.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AirCurve is the higher end machine with many more choices to tune it to your liking, but it does need to be tuned. Only the therapy pressure is "Auto" on these machines (and set by prescription), everything else is tunable and was left at default.

Do you have sleepyhead installed? read up on how to get screenshots and post them. Many people here can help you tune up you machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
The bottom line is that I did not really need a bi-level machine and all the customization that goes with it. I was doing really well (AHI-wise) on the Airsense auto and should have stuck with it instead of pushing for the Aircurve. I will be back on the Airsense tonight and will see how it goes.

Part of the confusion was how the script was written, Aircurve Auto Elite 10-20. After speaking with the doc, all he really wanted was an APAP machine and the Airsense fits the bill.

Apnea Hypopnea Index (events/hour) since Dec 2.

Thanks for all the feedback!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 453 1 minute ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,808 5 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,616 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,511 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.