Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: none
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: none
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
RESMED DS760S SERVICE MANUAL?
Does anyone have the service manuals for these machines or know where I can get them?

RESPIRONICS BiPAP Auto Bi-Flex, DS760TS

RESPIRONICS BiPAP autoSV Advanced–System One, DS950HS

I am a newly diagnosed OSA patient and researching which machine to buy. It would be nice to have a parts breakdown and a way to fix my machine if it breaks down.

Thank you,

Neil Gaede
01-20-2013 12:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: RESMED DS760S SERVICE MANUAL?
Did you check here?
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
01-20-2013 02:55 AM
vsheline Online

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(01-20-2013 12:34 AM)neilgaede Wrote:  Does anyone have the service manuals for these machines or know where I can get them?

RESPIRONICS BiPAP Auto Bi-Flex, DS760TS

RESPIRONICS BiPAP autoSV Advanced–System One, DS950HS

Hi Neil, welcome to the forum!

Here is a link to recommendations on important features to look for when buying a machine:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Sorry, I've no idea how to obtain repair manuals. However, did find a handy feature comparison chart for the various Respironics models:

http://www.healthcare.philips.com/pwc_hc...-guide.pdf

From the chart I think the features of the Respironics BiPAP autoSV Advanced–System One, DS950HS, are superior to the ResMed VPAP Adapt in at least one important way: the minimum Pressure Support can be set higher than 6 cmH2O. (The Pressure Support is the difference between Exhale Pressure versus Inhale Pressure.) The DS950HS does not seem to have an option for a heated hose, however.

If your initial diagnosis is OSA (Obstructive Sleep Apnea) rather than Mixed or Complex Sleep Apnea ("mixed" or "complex" refers to combination of both "obstructive" and "central" apnea), then, at least initially, you will probably not be prescribed an autoSV model.

The BiPAP Auto Bi-Flex would be totally awesome for a first machine. However, I think insurance companies often will not cover a BiPAP or BiPAP Auto machine unless the patient has a fairly high prescribed pressure (like 14 or higher) and/or has first tried (and failed to tolerate) a constant-pressure CPAP or an auto-adjusting APAP machine, and therefore has a recognized need for the features of a BiPAP machine.

New machines usually come with at least a 2 year warrantee, so perhaps there is no need to find repair manuals right away.  If you do eventually find out how to get one, though, do pass on a word to the forum, won't you?  (Thanking you in advance!)

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 02:13 PM by vsheline.)
01-20-2013 07:04 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi neilgaede and WELCOME! to the forum.!

I was just curious; In your subject line you ask for RESMED DS760S, but the model number you gave sounds like a RESPIRONICS model number.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

trish6hundred
01-20-2013 09:59 AM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(01-20-2013 12:34 AM)neilgaede Wrote:  Does anyone have the service manuals for these machines or know where I can get them?

Hi Neil, welcome to Apnea Board!

There really aren't many true "Service Manuals" (Repair Manuals) out there for any CPAP machine. There are a few, however... mostly older Respironics machines.

We do have a few of them available for download. For those with older Respironics machines, please log into your forum account, then go here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-LINKS-to-Members-Only-FILES

The link in that post will get you into our Members-Only File listing.

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

01-20-2013 10:12 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  manual ramping? longfoot 3 149 11-26-2016 08:19 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [CPAP] Service Required Error Codes - Inner Workings of a CPAP machine SuperSleeper 18 65,673 10-10-2016 01:48 PM
Last Post: juan345
  Respironics System One A-Flex, blower won’t start, Beep Beep Alarm, “Service Required rae95131 4 958 07-05-2016 11:42 PM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  How do I get a manual? BigAlSurf 4 505 05-24-2016 10:22 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Somnetics Transcend Clinician Setup Manual lighiche 4 892 03-31-2016 11:22 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for manual for "RESmart Auto" c-pap Tanya Kimber 3 541 03-21-2016 10:34 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Equipment] Phillips CPAP Machine, "Service Required" jorge300 8 1,284 10-27-2015 11:25 PM
Last Post: archangle