Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RESMED Direct download via cell modem
RESMED Direct download via cell modem
I got to thinking. I have a Flashair3 and I have it working just fine.

BUT, WHY can't I just D/L from the built-in cell modem directly? It it a subscription based thing or what?

My CPAP supplier people CAN see my data without touching my card.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESMED Direct download via cell modem
(08-19-2015, 12:08 AM)waydavis Wrote: My CPAP supplier people CAN see my data without touching my card.
he cannot see all the data, most useful data only available on the SD card

Post Reply Post Reply
Depends on the machine what's available. My DME seems to have *very* detailed info off of my S9 Modem, complete with drilling into days and events. The reason you cant just have the data is because the DMEs don't want you to have it. If they can keep that data away from you they have greater control over your therapy and the Insurance dollars. DME and Manufactures collude to keep DMEs hand as far into the $$ pot as possible.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2015, 03:24 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Depends on the machine what's available. My DME seems to have *very* detailed info off of my S9 Modem, complete with drilling into days and events.
I doubt very much, they can get "detailed data graphs and flow data graphs" without actually downloading it from the SD card
Detailed data written directly on the SD card, not stored in the machine or transmitted remotely, for that reason, detailed data is lost if the SD card was not in the machine while using it

Post Reply Post Reply
As I understand the OP's question, they would like to download directly using the cell modem connection. The difficulty here is that the cell modem doesn't have an ordinary 10-digit number for you to dial. In fact, no cell phone has that number built in. What the cell modem/phone has is an EID Electronic IDentification number. Your phone company uses your phone number to look up your phone's EID, and that is what is used by the cell towers to contact your phone. I suspect that ResMed has made arrangements with the carriers to access the cell modems directly, using the EID which they have associated with your machines serial number. I doubt that the phone companies will do that for you and me.
In any case, you wouldn't get the high resolution data about flow rates and such, as Zonk has mentioned.

Note: Some details about cell phone operation have left out for simplicities sake... :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL! At my MD visit he sure had the detailed HD data, and didn't once ask for the card. Showed me the graphs, raw numbers, etc. Felt kinda stupid with the SD card in my shirt pocket.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2015, 09:36 PM)parkerdt Wrote: LOL! At my MD visit he sure had the detailed HD data, and didn't once ask for the card. Showed me the graphs, raw numbers, etc. Felt kinda stupid with the SD card in my shirt pocket.

Dave

Did he have minute by minute airflow waveforms? Or just a graph of nightly summaries? Or a graph of events and times?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe they use AirView to get ResMed information remotely. It's a web-based service and you have to be "in the business" to get a login.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME can get a full data dump via the A10 cell phone system. When I visited a couple of weeks ago, she had very detailed minute by minute data.

fos
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
AirSesnse 10 clinical manual, Data storage ... page 29

Type of data _____________________________________ Transmission method

_________________________Cellular communication to AirView ____ SD card to ResScan ___ SD Card to AirView (card-to cloud)

Summary data ____________________ Y _____________________________ Y ___________________________ Y
(compliance data)

Detailed data ______________________________________________________ Y __________________________________
High resolution flow and pressure data _________________________________ Y _____________________________________________

Detailed data are stored on the SD card and can be viewed on ResScan.

Rest my case _________ Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,618 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,796 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Does my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto have a modem? Morseman 4 263 02-05-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 567 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  de-activate modem dreamstation2 advanced The Rog 0 356 10-18-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: The Rog
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 441 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Airsense 10 with modem safe from suppliers? HappySailor 3 767 07-02-2023, 12:54 AM
Last Post: HappySailor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.