Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RESMED S9 Setup Via SD Card
RESMED S9 Setup Via SD Card
First purchased this machine, with humidifier and heated tube back in 2011 and used for a year solid. Then as a result of losing some weight it started reporting that I was having no events each night, so I packed it away. But late last year my position was made redundant and for various other reasons my weight crept up again, to the point I am no longer getting a good nights sleep. So I dragged the CPAP machine out and cranked it up again. It has the SD card and I finally got around to downloading and installing the ResScan software. Whilst looking at the various parts of the app, I found what appears to be the S9 settings on the SD Card, and I noticed that the mask setting was still on pillows, which I started using, but now use a full face, so I selected that and the software then advised that it needed to update the SD card and would need to erase it to complete the action, to which I said yes. I then plugged the SD card back into the S9, it stated it was reading it and then was ready to go. The problem is, that it now seems to have reset to Factory defaults and not my custom settings, such as pressure. Can I use the ResScan software to reprogram the S9 via the SD card to my custom settings, or do I need to use the setup menu directly on the machine?

As an addition, the ResScan manual does not cover this feature of its software.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESMED S9 Setup Via SD Card
(10-13-2014, 10:49 PM)Lloyd61 Wrote: Can I use the ResScan software to reprogram the S9 via the SD card to my custom settings, or do I need to use the setup menu directly on the machine?
I would do it in the clinical menu on the machine. If for some reason the setting revert back to the old settings, remove the SD card, do it again and don,t put the SD card back in the machine. You need to get a new SD card
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that zonk.

As for a new SD card, I will hunt around for an alternative, not paying for a genuine item.
Post Reply Post Reply
Getting into and doing it via the clinician menu on the machine is easy, probably easier than doing it through the software.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
And, by the way, the machine telling you that you were having no events each night just meant the treatment was working, not that you were cured. Just like blood pressure medication lowers the blood pressure to levels that would say you do not need the medication, you would not stop taking it. Same with the CPAP. Instead, you could have maybe lowered the CPAP pressure just as your doctor might lower your blood pressure medication.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks PaulaO2, understand that now, back then I was all very new to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2014, 10:49 PM)Lloyd61 Wrote: I noticed that the mask setting was still on pillows, which I started using, but now use a full face, so I selected that and the software then advised that it needed to update the SD card and would need to erase it to complete the action, to which I said yes. I then plugged the SD card back into the S9, it stated it was reading it and then was ready to go. The problem is, that it now seems to have reset to Factory defaults and not my custom settings, such as pressure. Can I use the ResScan software to reprogram the S9 via the SD card to my custom settings, or do I need to use the setup menu directly on the machine?

Hi Lloyd61, welcome to the forum!

Using ResScan to set the settings can be a little tricky. I think what probably happened was either you did not select the correct type of machine, or else you were in wrong therapy mode, or else you did not set all the settings.

As others have said, it is easy to use Clinician Menu on the machine to set the settings. And using the machine's Clinician Set-up Menu does not erase or affect the SD card.

Whether using ResScan or the Clinician set-up menu, be sure to first set the machine in the correct therapy "mode" before adjusting the rest of the settings.

If you have the Escape or the Elite model, there will be only CPAP therapy mode.
If you have Escape Auto or AutoSet there will be both CPAP therapy mode and Auto therapy mode, although the Auto therapy mode on the S9 Escape Auto uses the older S8 AutoSet therapy mode which does not include Central Apnea Detection. The Auto therapy mode on the S9 AutoSet uses the Enhanced AutoSet therapy mode which includes Central Apnea Detection and behaves differently than the older S8 AutoSet therapy mode.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lloyd61,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you as you start CPAP your second time around.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you vsheline and trish6hundred.

I checked my setting last night, sure enough, the machine had switched to CPAP therapy mode, once I placed it back in Autoset mode my settings reappeared.

All good Smile

Another question for you trish6hundred, as you use the same humidifier as I do: Last night I cranked up the humidifier to 30deg and thought I had filled the tub, but early this morning as I was awakening I noticed the air had an odd odour to it, almost a very slight burning smell. When I checked the humidifier, the tub was empty, I am hoping I have not killed it. Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2014, 05:32 PM)Lloyd61 Wrote: Last night I cranked up the humidifier to 30deg and thought I had filled the tub, but early this morning as I was awakening I noticed the air had an odd odour to it, almost a very slight burning smell. When I checked the humidifier, the tub was empty, I am hoping I have not killed it. Any thoughts?

I think it is not unusual to run dry if humidifier is turned up and there happens to be much unintentional leaking, or even if the therapy pressure is very high making the intentional vent rate is high.

Running dry has not hurt my humidifier any.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 105 4 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,678 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,041 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,941 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 414 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.