Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RESMED S9 Smart Stop does not work
RESMED S9 Smart Stop does not work
Hello,

like you see in my Profile i have RESMED S9 Elite with RESMED slimline tube and the Mirage FX mask.

The smart start and stop is active and has been worked fine until now.

Today i cleaned the tube and mask first time and adjusted some settings in the clinical Settings. I also installed the ResScan 4.2 Software for interesting evaluation of the Data.

But now only the smart Start is working fine. Take off the mask has no effect.

I read the errorhandling and did everything relating to that error, but it is already not working. I tried several further Settings but this feature does not come back.

Do you have any Idea what (not written in the manual) can be a reason for deactivating smart stop feature?

Thanks a lot in advance!

(I seached all Forum entries, but did not found any relating question)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESMED S9 Smart Stop does not work
From the Manual:

Device does not stop when you remove your mask:

- SmartStart/Stop is disabled. Enable SmartStart/Stop.

SmartStart/Stop is enabled but the device does not stop automatically when you remove your mask:

- Incompatible mask system being used. Only use equipment recommended by ResMed.
- The patient is using a nasal pillows mask with a set pressure less than 7 cm H2O. Disable SmartStart/Stop.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Taxifahrt,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for responses toyour question.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2013, 09:27 PM)Taxifahrt Wrote: - The patient is using a nasal pillows mask with a set pressure less than 7 cm H2O. Disable SmartStart/Stop.
Maybe also apply to nasal mask

Post Reply Post Reply
Try the old "unplug" trick.

Unplug it from the wall. Wait a moment or three. Plug it back in.

If that doesn't do it, make sure the machine is set to the correct type of mask (pillows, full face, nasal mask).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2013, 11:33 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: make sure the machine is set to the correct type of mask (pillows, full face, nasal mask).
The default setting set to "pillows", so the S9 reckon you,re using nasal pillows instead of nasal mask
might affect leak info but not by much

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello All,
thanks a lot for the brainstorming. It worked fine with that Mask and the same Mask Setting before!
That could not be the reason!
I tried the unplug trick for more than 10 Minutes, but it did not work.
Any other Ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
So if you put on the mask and start breathing, it comes on? But if you take the mask off, it keeps going?

No clue. Unless some of the settings you made effected it somehow.

I've never used that feature so not sure.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Paula,
correct! Smart-Start is working fine! (Only one switch for activating the feature in the clinical Setting)
All other requirements were like described in the manual:
- Resmed SlimLine Tube and Resmed Nasal Mask Mirage FX and those were correctly set in the Setting.
Resmed refers to the distributor and that one was not able to tell by phone (He did not make an effort).
So i Think i have to drive 30km to get support there.
I tried several settings but the manual does not tell any dependencies to other Settings.
Anyway, thank's to all who tried to help. I will tell which Solution the Distributor will find.
He is a little bit P*ssed of that i was using clinical Menue. And was wondering about how i was able to use it ....
The clinical Menue is not really a fort knox. And if i own a widget why should i not use all functions of it. It's a litte bit dictation of the usage.

regards

Jörg
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I read somewhere that if you are using the humidifier that it will stay on for an hour to clear out the moisture. That may conflict with the Start/Stop function. Test it out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prisma Smart Max Revvysue 4 116 04-15-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Revvysue
  Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime? dharma2255 10 311 04-12-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 296 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 254 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 517 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,196 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,713 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.