Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Replacement
CPAP Replacement
Good evening! I am a new member trying to figure out how to navigate this board. I have a question regarding CPAP machines. How long should a CPAP machine last? How often should they be replaced? Thank you in advance for the responses.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Replacement
Most health insurance plans and Medicare consider a CPAP machine to be useful for 5 years. A machine will usually be replaced after that period, provided you have a diagnosed condition that requires the therapy, continued to discuss your therapy with your doctor, and benefit from the use of the equipment. Keeping records is an important part of that process. Without records, you could end up starting over. You can alway request your records and avoid sleep tests. Those of us on the forum are very aware of our treatment efficacy and try to keep records and monitor the effectiveness of our treatment. We help new members like you to do the same.

You should alway have your next replacement in mind and stay current on supply replenishment (filters, mask cushions, masks, tubing, humidifier parts etc). this maintains a relationship with your durable medical equipment (DME) provider. Regularly discussing your therapy with your doctor, ensures you will have a prescription wham you need one. If your machine was dispensed 5 or more years ago, you are due. If it is less, then you have time to accumulate records and make your replacement easier. Insurance policies vary, so you should call or research the DME policies of your policy holder. You are probably due to receive replacement supplies, and that is a good start as you will answer questions such as "are you using the machine" and "are you benefitting form the ue of CPAP". All of this goes into your record and support issuance of a new machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep-doc-from-h_ll insisted I keep using my first until it broke. It lasted almost 9 years; I reported it broken because it was so noisy. It disturbed our sleep.

My humidifier (ResMed for my S9) I have replacement parts.
I was able to buy new heated hoses and parts; in fact I still can.
I bought my machine used. I don't know it's age. I'm guessing 7? years? It's quiet, and works well.

Hope this helps. I'll replace my machine if I can find out what to get to improve my 'pap treatment.

The people here are so helpful.

I have so much to learn.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
DaveL, we can help you too. Let's get that replacement!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 1 26 49 minutes ago
Last Post: Jay51
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 225 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,864 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,421 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 2,043 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 260 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,235 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.