Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RESMed-REMStar data comparison
RESMed-REMStar data comparison
So I am currently saving my pennies for a new machine. Going through my HMO is a huge PITA and they only allow certain things, etc. so I figured I would go through our Supplier #2 and get a machine. Since I have never had a data capable machine, I can only try to follow along on the discussions regarding data in the most academic way. Looking at the two machines that I would consider, the Rem Star DS550 Sys1 Auto sells for about $150 less than the ResMed S9 Auto. I know many people prefer one over the other, but a lot of that has to do with personal preference of the machine itself. From reading on both they seem to be comparable machines. So, the big question I have is in regards to the data. I know they are both data capable machines, but does the RemStar give you all the basic data like AHI, Leak Rate, OA, CA, favorite color, etc? Just because a machine is data capable does not necessarily mean it is useful data and I want to be sure before I jump that I am going to be happy with what I get. Coming from the machine I have, anything will be better, but, you know! I appreciate any input.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESMed-REMStar data comparison
(06-26-2012, 07:50 AM)mjbearit Wrote: So I am currently saving my pennies for a new machine. Going through my HMO is a huge PITA and they only allow certain things, etc. so I figured I would go through our Supplier #2 and get a machine. Since I have never had a data capable machine, I can only try to follow along on the discussions regarding data in the most academic way. Looking at the two machines that I would consider, the Rem Star DS550 Sys1 Auto sells for about $150 less than the ResMed S9 Auto. I know many people prefer one over the other, but a lot of that has to do with personal preference of the machine itself. From reading on both they seem to be comparable machines. So, the big question I have is in regards to the data. I know they are both data capable machines, but does the RemStar give you all the basic data like AHI, Leak Rate, OA, CA, favorite color, etc? Just because a machine is data capable does not necessarily mean it is useful data and I want to be sure before I jump that I am going to be happy with what I get.

My understanding is that with the S9 you can get a heated hose, a feature not available on the PR System One. PR has just come out with the System 60 which does have a heated hose ([probably to meet the competition), but SleepyHead software cannot yet read the data from the System 60.

As far as I know neither machine offer any data that the other does not. I would call the suppliers listed on the link above, because most of the people here have only one or the other, so they have no way to compare details.
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 is better in reporting data on the LCD screen including mask leak (unintentional leak) while the PRS1 report large leak which is confusing to work out. But if looking to look the data through the software than its not an issues as both are equally good. I think the advantage for you getting the PRS1 is that you already been using the Plus model, you can use the hoses and humidifier including the water tank as a spare and its cheaper too.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input. The humidifier is totally different though I can tell just from the pics. My machine is circa 2004 and is the REALLY old Plus! Smile But, I got the manual, read through it and decided on the PRS1. I ordered from Secondwind and my email just says that it shipped....about 20 minutes after I placed the order! Talk about fast! It will take awhile to get here though. I'm guessing about this time next week. I ordered from them before and it just takes awhile to get from there to here. Thast's okay, I can continue to use my "soon to be backup machine" until it arrives!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Comparison - Cervical Collar vs No Cervical Collar phoen1kx 9 318 03-27-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 475 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 283 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 530 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,143 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,640 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 849 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.