Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RESScan 5.6
RESScan 5.6
Running ResScan 5.6 on Windows 10 for my ResMed S9 CPAP machine. Upon opening ResScan, and trying to make a "New Patient", getting message, "Access Denied, Please contact your system administrator in regards to patient file access privileges."
Cannot seem to get past this block.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESScan 5.6
Hi 78zinman! - Welcome to the forum.

Sometimes during program installation, Windows will assign file ownership to another user. I have a registry mod(.reg file) that will provide a "Take Ownership" option when you right click on a file or directory.

Here is the link:
http://download.loganville.online/TakeOwnership.zip

How to install:
1. Unzip file after download
2. Right-click on the file InstallTakeOwnership,reg and select Merge

How to use:
1. Go to your ResScan Directory(ies)
2. Right-click and select Take Ownership (About the 4th option from the top.)

I hope solves your problem.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Everything you recommended I followed. It executed as you said it would. However, it didn't solve the problem. Perhaps I don't understand how the software is supposed to work.
I am an "Administrator" on my computer.
When I start ResScan, it does detect my SD Card.
However, when I create a new patient, I don't have a Patient ID, nor a Reference ID. The patient group is "Default". When I click Save, I get, "please contact your system administration in regard to patient file access privileges".
It may be clear that I don't know how to navigate. So, I would appreciate continued help.
Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
Try unlocking your SD card.

Just for giggles, locate ResScan on your start menu. Right-click it and choose Run As Administrator. ResScan is installed into Program Files (Program Files x86) and it is a restricted folder. Makes no difference that you are an administrator. It is supposed to store data changes to the VirtualStore folder but who knows.. it is Windows. If it runs As Administrator fine you can try changing file permissions in the ResScan folder - typically C:\Program Files (x86)\ResMed\ResScan3 - to allow full control to users.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Access denied is almost always a permissions issue. The other suggestions about running the program as an administrator and taking ownership of the file are routine fixes. You might also check that you are using a good file name without special characters.

There is one additional consideration: your anti-virus/anti-malware program. Some "locked down" protection programs do not allow certain programs to write to the disk and throw a permissions error using the operating system rather than putting up their own error message. If nothing seems to be working, try turning off your protection program for a few minutes and try the program. Do not have any browser windows open or use the internet during the period when your protection is turned off.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 85 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,333 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 178 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 370 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,613 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 609 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.