Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

REsMed Air Sense 10 Auto vs. ResMed S9 Elite Data
REsMed Air Sense 10 Auto vs. ResMed S9 Elite Data
I presently have a ResMed S9 Elite. Does the ResMed Airsense 10 Auto have the same SD card complete data available as my S9 Elite? My supplier does not have the Airsense 10 Elite. I use the ResMed ResScan Version 5.4.1.9121 to read my SD card. I understand that there is a new version 5.5. Is it available here?

I also understand that the cell phone data, which I don't want, can be disabled by setting it to Airplane mode. Once it is set to Airplane mode will it stay that way or does it revert back to the cell mode when it is restarted.

I also understand that the Auto machine can be set to CPAP mode which is what I want.

Sorry for all the questions. Bob.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REsMed Air Sense 10 Auto vs. ResMed S9 Elite Data
My understanding is that both the Elite and the Auto have complete clinical data, the CPAP does not. I am waiting for my Elite to be delivered now, so I can't check to make sure, I am certain someone that KNOWS will chime in.
Post Reply Post Reply
HI. OK. Thanks. Good luck with the Elite. Apria does not have them. Bob.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2016, 12:49 PM)BobF Wrote: HI. OK. Thanks. Good luck with the Elite. Apria does not have them. Bob.

BobF,

Well, Aprea does order them, the "trick" is to get your doctor to specify the machine you want on the prescription. My Aprea just (one week ago) told me they only supply the CPAP, and I came here and found out it does not have clinical data, so I told them I was going somewhere else, and they said they could order the other machine if the doctor puts it on the prescription by model. I called my doctor and he change the script and faxed it to them, they are now getting me the Elite I wanted.

Are you getting the Auto via Aprea? If so be very careful it is new. Check the hours when you pick it up, because my understanding is that they only stock the CPAP because that is the model they make the most profit on.

That would indicate that if they had a Auto in stock, it might be a loaner they are trying to get rid of.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was able to get my Dr. to just indicate on my RX, machine of choice. Of course he did specify the way he wanted it setup. I then purchased the ResMed AirSense 10 Auto from a vendor on the supplier list. When it arrived it was configured in the CPAP mode. A quick read in the clinicians manual allowed me to change the settings to suit my needs. Just a couple thoughts.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2016, 01:44 PM)Caldera Wrote: I was able to get my Dr. to just indicate on my RX, machine of choice. Of course he did specify the way he wanted it setup. I then purchased the ResMed AirSense 10 Auto from a vendor on the supplier list. When it arrived it was configured in the CPAP mode. A quick read in the clinicians manual allowed me to change the settings to suit my needs. Just a couple thoughts.

I wish!

I Have Humana Medicare and their only In Network supplier is Aprea. I could go out of network and they would pay 70% instead of 80%, but I would also get a $975 deductible which is more than the machine. And to go out of network, I have to talk my doctor into getting preauthorization which I wouldn't ask him to because I know his office does NOTHING with DME equipment, and I don't blame him.

So, I sit here with my fingers crossed hoping Aprea can get it right and then I will have nothing more to do with them other than the rental, since Medicare requires you to rent-to-own for 13 months. If I don't get a warm cozy from Aprea when I go to pick up my machine I will just buy one online out of pocket - it's a lot of money ($850 or so for Elite), but I don't need the stress of dealing with a DME supplier I don't trust.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2016, 01:54 PM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(03-25-2016, 01:44 PM)Caldera Wrote: I was able to get my Dr. to just indicate on my RX, machine of choice. Of course he did specify the way he wanted it setup. I then purchased the ResMed AirSense 10 Auto from a vendor on the supplier list. When it arrived it was configured in the CPAP mode. A quick read in the clinicians manual allowed me to change the settings to suit my needs. Just a couple thoughts.

I wish!

I Have Humana Medicare and their only In Network supplier is Aprea. I could go out of network and they would pay 70% instead of 80%, but I would also get a $975 deductible which is more than the machine. And to go out of network, I have to talk my doctor into getting preauthorization which I wouldn't ask him to because I know his office does NOTHING with DME equipment, and I don't blame him.

So, I sit here with my fingers crossed hoping Aprea can get it right and then I will have nothing more to do with them other than the rental, since Medicare requires you to rent-to-own for 13 months. If I don't get a warm cozy from Aprea when I go to pick up my machine I will just buy one online out of pocket - it's a lot of money ($850 or so for Elite), but I don't need the stress of dealing with a DME supplier I don't trust.

Good luck.....
I've dealt with several from the Supplier List (at the top of this page) and have never had a issue. In my case rent to own cost more than to purchase outright.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2016, 02:34 PM)Caldera Wrote:
(03-25-2016, 01:54 PM)FrankNichols Wrote:

I wish!

Good luck.....
I've dealt with several from the Supplier List (at the top of this page) and have never had a issue. In my case rent to own cost more than to purchase outright.

That is what I am waiting to see - what the actual cost to me is, Humana is supposed to pay 80% of the rent and I pay 20%, if my 20% ends up even close to simply buying one out of my own funds and not using the insurance I am going that way.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2016, 12:29 PM)BobF Wrote: I presently have a ResMed S9 Elite. Does the ResMed Airsense 10 Auto have the same SD card complete data available as my S9 Elite?

the air10 autoset as a little *more* data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,738 23 minutes ago
Last Post: her.suit
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 556 47 minutes ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 48 3,068 1 hour ago
Last Post: Domino96
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A SakimaStorm 2 94 Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 91 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Impact of Resmed P10 on Nostrils ivan007 1 74 03-26-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.