Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RIP Gurrumul - taken from us too soon
Sad 
One of the most sublime and mesmerising voices I have ever heard, Gurrumul has passed away at the age of 46. I was lucky to see him many years ago when he was part of the Yothu Yindi band.

Gurrumul: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNBTT20aDlQ

Yothu Yindi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMX2PrHPXzY
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Never heard of him. Always looking for listenable music while working... will add this artist to my list. Thanks for posting.
Post Reply Post Reply
A unique voice indeed. Passing away at 46 is a tragedy. I wonder what medical issues he had that night have caused this as the media don't say.
Post Reply Post Reply
He had chronic renal and liver failure since he was a kid. His health has been declining for years and he hadn't performed in a long time.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for posting a memorial for Gurrumul.  A truly wonderful singer & musician.
I read that a near relative also had a successful kidney transplant at 69? & has been able to be active in Aboriginal issues as a leader in his community thanks to the surgery.

Gurrumul - a true loss 

Amethyst in Oz
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board