Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RPI4 font preferences not maintained between starts of OSCAR
RE: RPI4 font preferences not maintained between starts of OSCAR
I noticed that just after the (first) merge.

I fixed it in an additional merge. I used size+3 for both. It looks different between Linux and Raspian, so I had to compromise.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2021, 06:05 PM)pholynyk Wrote: OK... among all the debugging I added I discovered that Daily::Load(date) was being called with the application font still set to the system font. Adding a call to setApplicationFont(); at the start fixes the problem and now everything uses the font given in Preferences.xml.

Would putting the setApplicationFont() call in the Daily initializer instead of in Daily::Load(date) work? That way font won't be reset every time a page is changed.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think then you would be setting the font for every Daily object you created, so I think it would amount to the same thing. I could be wrong, and it's worth doing some more trials.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I think you are right about Daily object being created all the time.

What I had been planning to try was to put the call in the mainwindow initializer or in mainwindow:: setupGUI(). That would have been a one-time call. It works on Windows of course but I can't test it on RPi. Do you want to try doing that, instead of doing it in Daily? Or do you want me to merge a change for happydreams to compile and test?

btw, what is your build time on the RPi4?
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had already tried putting the call in setupGI; it had no effect. I think it has to be in the object that creates the html, but I'm not sure.

You'd think that something called QApplication::whatever would have application-wide access and effect, but QT has its quirks...

I think we'd have to dig into the QT code for doing html to figure out when the font name is accessed and then either fix it or work around it efficiently, as opposed to the kludge we have.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does this problem affect only the left sidebar? The right sidebar? The dates at the bottom of the page and the event and graph selectors? Or does it affect more on the Daily page? What about the Statistics page, which also uses the Application font?

If it is just the left sidebar, I could try putting the font specification in the HTML for that sidebar.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Right side panel looks ok.  Nothing strange about it.  It's reasonably displayed.  First time I've used it!  Stats page and Overview look fine.  Issue is in the Daily details tab, at least from my perspective.

Seems odd to me that the AHI text and the AHI value are different fontsizes.  Why don't they have the same size?  Or rather, why are the fontsizes in the orange bar controlled by two different variables?

Build time on an overclocked (1-2 GHz) RPI4 with an SSD is about 15 minutes (first time), using 2 cores.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2021, 09:16 AM)happydreams Wrote: Seems odd to me that the AHI text and the AHI value are different fontsizes.

I believe Phil has fixed that.

The entire left sidebar is created as HTML tables, and the program is constructing the HTML string that renders the left sidebar. It is extraordinarily easy to get something wrong!
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if this is a reasonable ask.  (I think for the most part, the display is better now.)  Is it possible for the text fields in the orange bar to be independent of the rest of the fonts?  Primarily fontsize.  

What's happening is as the orange bar text gets smaller, everything else gets thinner and smaller lots faster.  To the point it's hard for me to see.  Now the fontsize of everything else is fontsize(AHI_textsize)-3.  Can the 3 be 2 or 1?  What I am trying to say is the disparity in fontsizes is making it hard to see what I think is important to me.

Where is this daily tab being set up and written?  daily.cpp?  -j3 results in 7 minute build time, from distclean.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, not reasonable at this time. I suggest setting the application font size to be what works best for the rest of the page and application and let the size used for AHI be whatever it wants.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 156 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Session Preferences srlevine1 0 425 10-24-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question OSCAR Oximetry Preferences - Pulse Change Events - How Re-apply to Existing Data? DavidEsp 2 618 02-17-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  [Solved]: OSCAR-Opening a second profile - Font messes up KeepSmiling 5 697 09-30-2022, 02:40 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Font too small in statistics window DanEm 2 632 06-03-2022, 02:10 PM
Last Post: DanEm
  OSCAR preferences for flagging HR & SpO2 events? cathyf 5 831 06-20-2021, 03:08 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
Angry Saving OSCAR preferences derekpotter 13 1,135 06-18-2021, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.