Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RPI4 font preferences not maintained between starts of OSCAR
RE: RPI4 font preferences not maintained between starts of OSCAR
Thanks for checking! I'll merge some diagnostics I've added to show what font the program thinks it is setting and when it fails to set the font.

The code to set the font at startup is exactly the same as when you change the settings in the Preferences dialog, but perhaps the QT implementation is slightly different on RPi than on any other platform so that timing is an issue.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Trying to build OSCAR on RPI4, using RPI4-4GB on SSD overclocked to 2GHz.  make -j2, because I'm being brave.  Took about 12 minutes and failed because it couldn't find libGLU.  Well, I'll try again!  

Well that worked, compiled OSCAR 1.2.1-alpha.0+master-b8415117 on a RPI4.

Short form of error log:
120416: Debug: Application font set to QFont( "PibotoLt,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0" )
120417: Debug: Application font QFont( "PibotoLt,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0" )

120538: Debug: Number of months for stats (trim to 12 max) 67
120736: Debug: Page change time (in ms): Unload = 0 Load = 206 Other = 0
120737: Warning: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 2867, resource id: 16811793, major code: 40 (TranslateCoords), minor code: 0

Hope that helps!  Actually that wasn't that bad building...  Temp hit 62C.  Baseline temp is 50C with fan running.
Post Reply Post Reply
The log says it is setting the font to PibotoLt 9, and then QT returns PibotoLt 9 as the set font. So I'm not sure why you're not seeing that font!

Let me think about this for a bit and then I may ask you to test something else.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know, but that 9 point font doesn't look like any 9 point font I've seen.  It looks like it is considerably larger than 9 point.  I think the AHI = 1.08 font is being handled differently.  It seems more like AHI = 1.08
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the sixe is set by the css or something because this is the title of the block - like it had an H1 modifier. I'm just not sure where the left panel gets built, yet.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The size of the AHI string is set to "font size=+4" in the HTML string for that line. The application font, PibotoLt 9, is used throughout OSCAR for various output, often with a size adjustment. The font size set in the preferences dialog is just the base from which larger ones are derived as needed.

It's around line 1654 in daily.cpp.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
I understand the need to have device independent displays.  It just seems to me, at least for the RPI4, that the fontsize+4 is a bit much, since it forces content on the left panel too low on the panel.  Need to scroll to see the machine settings.  At least your explanations make sense.  I was puzzled as to why the font appeared so huge compared to the actual setting.  

What is odd, is that if the font or fontsize is changed in preferences, the font/size does change for that instantiation of OSCAR.  But it is not restored on the next instantiation of OSCAR.  That means somewhere in the code, the preferences are being overridden or ignored at startup.  Either way, that shouldn't happen.

If you find something or want me to try it out, I can rebuild OSCAR and try it.  Have to say, on an SSD, the RPI4 is tolerable.  Can't imagine doing a build on a SD card and the stock clock.  Probably take well over a couple of hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like to review the sequence of events with you to make sure I understand all of the symptoms. Are both the font name and size lost? So, let's do this and give me answers to all the questions:

Start OSCAR and open a profile.
File/Preferences/Appearance and set the Application font to something unique, like a script font, and font size something different than what is displayed.
Click on OK.
Does the script font now show up in the AHI line (and lots of other places)? And is the font size on the AHI line now more as expected?
Close OSCAR
Check the preferences.xml file and see if the newly selected application font is specified in the Fonts_Application_Name entry.
Start OSCAR and open profile again
Is the font for AHI (and elsewhere) script or is it back to PibotoLt?
File/Preferences/Appearance again and what is the Application font and size set to?

Let me know the answers and then I'll offer a suggestion for what to change.

[EDIT: Can you include a screenshot of OSCAR with the enlarged AHI line?]
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Phil,

Can you reproduce the symptoms that happydreams is reporting?
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2021, 09:59 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: I'd like to review the sequence of events with you to make sure I understand all of the symptoms. Are both the font name and size lost? So, let's do this and give me answers to all the questions:

Start OSCAR and open a profile.
File/Preferences/Appearance and set the Application font to something unique, like a script font, and font size something different than what is displayed.
Changed to URW Chancery, 9 pt
Click on OK.
Does the script font now show up in the AHI line (and lots of other places)? And is the font size on the AHI line now more as expected?
The font changed - lots of places (including the debug pane) - the size also changes. The xml file is updated.
Close OSCAR
Check the preferences.xml file and see if the newly selected application font is specified in the Fonts_Application_Name entry.
The xml file is updated in name and size.
Start OSCAR and open profile again
Is the font for AHI (and elsewhere) script or is it back to PibotoLt?
Back to PibotoLt, size 12
File/Preferences/Appearance again and what is the Application font and size set to?
The Prefs display shows PibotoLt, 12, but the xml file is not updated unless you close  the Prefs window with 'OK' - not updated if you 'Cancel'

Let me know the answers and then I'll offer a suggestion for what to change.

[EDIT: Can you include a screenshot of OSCAR with the enlarged AHI line?]
Using URW Chancery:

Back to Defaults:

I hope this helps...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 152 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Session Preferences srlevine1 0 425 10-24-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question OSCAR Oximetry Preferences - Pulse Change Events - How Re-apply to Existing Data? DavidEsp 2 618 02-17-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  [Solved]: OSCAR-Opening a second profile - Font messes up KeepSmiling 5 696 09-30-2022, 02:40 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Font too small in statistics window DanEm 2 632 06-03-2022, 02:10 PM
Last Post: DanEm
  OSCAR preferences for flagging HR & SpO2 events? cathyf 5 830 06-20-2021, 03:08 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
Angry Saving OSCAR preferences derekpotter 13 1,135 06-18-2021, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.