Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RPI4 font preferences not maintained between starts of OSCAR
RE: RPI4 font preferences not maintained between starts of OSCAR
You would have loved developing in Apple Pascal on an Apple //e...

Compile and go to lunch!

I added a bit more debug out put, so here are the relevant bits...
Code:
00215: Debug: App font before Prefs setting QFont( "PibotoLt,12,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0" )
00216: Debug: validateFont found 229 installed font families
00216: Debug: "Application" Preferences font is "URW Chancery L"
00216: Debug: "Application" font set to "URW Chancery L" at size QVariant(int, 8)
00216: Debug: "Graph" Preferences font is "PibotoLt"
00216: Debug: "Graph" font set to "PibotoLt" at size QVariant(int, 10)
00216: Debug: "Title" Preferences font is "Liberation Serif"
00216: Debug: "Title" font set to "Liberation Serif" at size QVariant(int, 10)
00216: Debug: "Big" Preferences font is "PibotoLt"
00216: Debug: "Big" font set to "PibotoLt" at size QVariant(int, 35)
00216: Debug: Application font starts out as QFont( "PibotoLt,12,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0" )
00232: Debug: Application font set to QFont( "URW Chancery L,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0" )
00232: Debug: Application font reads back as QFont( "URW Chancery L,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0" )
00232: Debug: system font is "PibotoLt"
So we see that the QApplication::font() is indeed set to the Prefs value - and the Menu line "Filr ..." is changed - but the left panel is drawn with PibotoLt at 12 (enlarged...
Definitely weird... I think it must be in the RPi QT - or maybe a threading problem... idk

Oh - forgot to mention - an empty prfs file is filled in with the existing application font - which is the system font::geneeral - which is PibotoLt at 12 for a RPi
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do remember those days and earlier.  At University we were lucky we had a paper tape reader...  Fortunately got to skip the card decks.  

More seriously, if the RPI4 is overclocked it's tolerable.  And significantly faster than the days of yore.  

But this is not serious hardware.  It seems the connectors, in particular the USB connectors wear easily.  My RPI4 has flakey USB contacts.  How do I know this?  Just spent that last 45 minutes trying to get the RPI4 to recognize the SD card reader.  Pretty frustrating HW.  Especially since the RPI4 I have won't boot with a powered USB3 hub, which would minimize this contact wear.  I have 2 RPI4's that won't boot with this hub, either with or without an SSD.  Pretty sure it's an RPI4 design issue.  Posting on the RPI forum shows there are others with the identical issue.  (Powered usb3 hub boot failure)
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2021, 03:29 PM)pholynyk Wrote: You would have loved developing in Apple Pascal on an Apple //e...

Compile and go to lunch!

Or the days when I was programming for an IBM 7094. I was lucky to be able to compile and run a program twice in one day.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK... among all the debugging I added I discovered that Daily::Load(date) was being called with the application font still set to the system font. Adding a call to setApplicationFont(); at the start fixes the problem and now everything uses the font given in Preferences.xml.

After dinner I will copy my changes back to my Debian system in a branch for further testing and cleanup before pushing to gitlab/master.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2021, 03:29 PM)pholyny Wrote: So we see that the QApplication::font() is indeed set to the Prefs value - and the Menu line "Filr ..." is changed - but the left panel is drawn with PibotoLt at 12 (enlarged...
Definitely weird... I think it must be in the RPi QT - or maybe a threading problem... idk

Oh - forgot to mention - an empty prfs file is filled in with the existing application font - which is the system font::geneeral - which is PibotoLt at 12 for a RPi

Now I am confused. I understood happydreams to say it is working properly with the last common.cpp update, while I think you are staying it is still not.

Not that I did anything in the last update that should have changed the way it worked. About the only difference is that I now read back the application font. Perhaps that tickles QT in just the right way?
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2021, 06:05 PM)pholynyk Wrote: OK... among all the debugging I added I discovered that Daily::Load(date) was being called with the application font still set to the system font. Adding a call to setApplicationFont(); at the start fixes the problem and now everything uses the font given in Preferences.xml.

After dinner I will copy my changes back to my Debian system in a branch for further testing and cleanup before pushing to gitlab/master.

You may well be on to something there. There are warnings in QApplication:: setfont() not to use this when using style sheets, and style sheets are used for the graphs on the Daily page.

The fixes I was planning on testing included calling SetApplicationFont() later in the window creation process, which is in effect what you are doing.

Thanks for looking at this.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try it out whenever it is ready.  And I'll be a little more methodical, with oddball settings to see if things change as expected.  Glad to find out there really was an issue.  

Trust Phil over me...  I'm just a rank beginner at any of this.  Especially at explaining stuff, seem to be able to trip over my fingertips at the keyboard.  Was tickled I could even build OSCAR on an RPI4.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've merged my fixes for further testing. We can prune some of the debug output before release.

It works for Debian 10 and RaspberryPi OS, and it should work for the others, which I can't test.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess the font info will disappear as that's debug stuff.  

But did you mean to have AHI smaller than the AHI value?  
Arggh, cut & paste is mangled by the forum.  Here's a mini-screen shot.  Just learned about scrot -s.

Actually I like the small AHI.  Can you make the value fontsize the same as the AHI fontsize?  Will the orange bar height decrease if the value fontsize is reduced?  If so, that would be great.
Post Reply Post Reply
Works fine on Windows 10, with the extra diagnostic on the screen. Of course, it worked fine before too.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 157 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Session Preferences srlevine1 0 426 10-24-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question OSCAR Oximetry Preferences - Pulse Change Events - How Re-apply to Existing Data? DavidEsp 2 620 02-17-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  [Solved]: OSCAR-Opening a second profile - Font messes up KeepSmiling 5 697 09-30-2022, 02:40 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Font too small in statistics window DanEm 2 633 06-03-2022, 02:10 PM
Last Post: DanEm
  OSCAR preferences for flagging HR & SpO2 events? cathyf 5 833 06-20-2021, 03:08 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
Angry Saving OSCAR preferences derekpotter 13 1,138 06-18-2021, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.