Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RTL-SDR
Yes, that was it! It was a good concept but dang, I didn't expect the empty boards to be that expensive.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
For something that is open source I don't see too many circuit or wiring diagrams. Oh well, I decided if I was to pay that much for a TX/RX SDR I would just buy a used Flex.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info, Alan! At least doing something like this won't break the bank for me.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Just installed Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinnamon in a VM. Did a search in Apps for "sdr" and came up with a bunch (well a few) of results.

gqrx-sdr
rtl-sdr
quisk
cutesdr

gnuradio didn't come up in that search but it is available when searched for that.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a nooelec dongle I purchased from Amazon. They have some instructions and software on their website. I live in an apartment that specifically prohibits anything other than TV Dish antennas. That doesn't make sense, the dish antennas look terrible stuck all over the balconies. Sad

I have some plans for small HF antennas. I found one for a rockloop that looks promising. I am still waiting for a couple of ferrite cores that I need. I also need to go to Home Depot for some construction supplies. Right now it is too cold for this me to go outside for anything. It is going down to 1 degree Sunday!

de, Jeff WD4ET
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was looking at a fan dipole but I don't think I have the room for the 80 meter run. Each leg is about 64'. Some day I will just break down and get multi-band vertical. One I am looking at is about 33' with the tilt base.

Post Reply Post Reply

If anyone is into DIY, the January issue of QST has an interesting article on building an upconverter for the SDR dongles. "All-mode 1kHz to 1.7GHz SDR Receiver" page 30. Not many parts so should be cheaper than buying an upconverter. Most of the parts can be bought from Digikey.

Post Reply Post Reply
宁静,你说不说汉语?
Walter W. Olson, Ph.D., P.E.
Professor Emeritus
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2016, 03:06 PM)wolson Wrote: 宁静,你说不说汉语?

Yer jes' lucky Iceweasel uses a Unicode complete font. But I still can't understand it.

Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply

No, I only speak English.

Post Reply Post Reply