Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Radical display change on Airsense Autoset 10
Radical display change on Airsense Autoset 10
Hello-

I recently purchased a new Airsense Autoset to keep in my car (it's actually a "for her" model, but I don't think that matters).  It appears to be brand new in ever respect.  I've been using it for a week now to test it out.  I set all of the settings to the same settings on the Autoset 10 I already use, and the new one has performed flawlessly, with one exception:

When I got up this morning, the display read something reasonable like "Usage hours 8:52" and "Events per hour 2.1".  These are the types of numbers I'd expect to see.  However, an instant after I saw those numbers, they switched to "Usage hours 0:06" and "Events per hour 10.0" (the faces were still green smiley faces as always).  My sleep was great though, so I don't think there was anything wrong with my sleep or the way the machine performed.  Also, I had woken up a couple of times earlier this morning, and the display read reasonable numbers on those occasions.  

(1) Does anyone know what this means or what caused it?  I don't know when this machine decides one night's sleep is over and the next begins.  Perhaps something caused it to reset at that very moment that the numbers changed and because I'd taken the mask off things went screwy.  Perhaps those 10.0 events were for a session it was reading that was only 0:06 hours?

(2) If these numbers are for some tiny session the machine is reading, is there a way for me to see data from last night and clear out this tiny session?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Radical display change on Airsense Autoset 10
Resmed considers a "night" to be from noon to noon. It could have been first giving you the data from the day before (according to itself) and then the data from today. .6 of an hour is 36 minutes. So if it were 12:36, there ya go. Check the time on the machine, too.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2018, 03:07 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Resmed considers a "night" to be from noon to noon. It could have been first giving you the data from the day before (according to itself) and then the data from today. .6 of an hour is 36 minutes. So if it were 12:36, there ya go. Check the time on the machine, too.

Thanks.  I think that might be it.  It wasn't noon, but I know it was around 11:00 a.m., and I just checked the machine and found it was set one hour ahead.

But it was only .06 hours, so that is about 3 and 1/2 minutes.  I don't know how it ended up with 10 events in that brief time, but maybe it had something to do with pulling the mask off.

Is there a way for me to see the data from last night?
Post Reply Post Reply
JDLee2323 -Is there a way for me to see the data from last night?

Yes.  Download Sleepyhead and/or Resscan and you can see not only last night but all of your other data.  For a quick look at a limited amount of your data go to the My Air webiste.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2018, 04:58 PM)sonicboom Wrote: Yes.  Download Sleepyhead and/or Resscan and you can see not only last night but all of your other data.  For a quick look at a limited amount of your data go to the My Air webiste.

Okay, I did and looked at my data, thanks!

But is it even possible that my data would be on the My Air website?  Remember, I bought this machine new, but off craigslist.  And I haven't done anything to set up an account.
Post Reply Post Reply
You would need to set up an account on MyAir.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 835 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,701 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 165 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.