Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rain-out!
Rain-out!
Hey guys so for the last few nights I have been experiencing rain out. I already have my machine lower than my pillow, I have my heated tube up and over my head board, and my tube is heated to about 80 degrees. I have been running my humidifier at like a 6-7 setting. I try to keep my room pretty cool because I need a cold cold room to sleep well. Do you guys think my best bet would be to just put climate control on auto? What does the auto setting do exactly? Does it try to keep the air as moist as possible without causing rainout?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rain-out!
Depending on your comfort requirements, you might need to lower the humidity or raise the tube temperature, and maybe both are needed. You may want to search for and add a hose cover for insulating purposes.

On the Auto setting, yes it is supposed to adjust to ambient humidity, which should reduce rainout. In theory that is. In practice, I have found it reduces humidity to below what my humidity requirements are, and I find it not as useful as just setting my numbers manually.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The auto mode will set the tube temperature to 80 degrees and humidity to 85%. It will change automatically according to ambient conditions and flow levels due to pressure changes and leaks in an attempt to prevent condensation. It's worth a try. 

You can also try lowering the humidity level and/or raising the tube temperature. I keep our room temperature at 65 degrees at night. I find I will get rainout at humidity settings over 4. 
I also use a hose cover with my heated hose which also helps.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Add a fleece hose cover. it will stop the cool air from directly contacting the tube.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup. If you want the air inside the hose to be warm and humid, and the air outside the hose to be cold, then you will need a hose covering to insulate the hose.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another +1 in regards to a hose cover.
Post Reply Post Reply
The humidity set at 6 and 7 do not guarantee protection from rainout with the ClimateLine Air. If you like to sleep in a cool room your best bet is to set the humidifier/Climate control on auto and set your tube temp to 80F.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rain out all of a sudden mogulman 1 287 12-17-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Rain out in climate line hose Inky1 11 3,458 09-07-2020, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Rain out last night now ear pain LookingForward 6 1,520 07-15-2018, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  [Equipment] Resmed Autoset 10 Rain Out nicholb 14 3,587 10-16-2017, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Clearing rain out from tubing shokk 13 3,711 07-07-2016, 04:21 AM
Last Post: shokk
  Rain out ? metro5053 6 3,653 04-14-2015, 08:41 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Rain out in nasal pillows? ypeels 5 3,816 10-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.