Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rain out in climate line hose
Rain out in climate line hose
Hi everyone. I have been experiencing some rain out or condensation in my climate line hose. A while back my dr. said to up the humidity since I was waking up with dry nose and lips. I believe it is currently set at 4 or 5.

It has been warm in our neck of the woods so the air conditioner has been on during the night. I am thinking that the temperature is not set up high enough on the humidifier. If I remember it is around 67-69 degrees. It doesn't get that cool in our house with the ac on.

Any help or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Inky1
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rain out in climate line hose
is the hose temperature set to auto or manual?
Post Reply Post Reply
It is set on manual. That is the only way that I could raise the humidity level.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just looked at the manual. In manual mode the tube temperature is set separately from the humidity level.

The temperature you are referring to is only for the tube and has nothing to do with humidity generation.

There is a humidity sensor in the machine and it will adjust the water temperature as required to reach the requested humidity level.

The only interaction these two setting have is what is required to stop rainout, in manual mode you have to make these adjustments. In auto the machine does it for you. Auto is: The Tube Temperature is set to 80°F (27°C), humidity level of 85% relative humidity.

Both of these are way too high for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Changing the humidity setting basically changes the humidifier temperature - higher setting -> higher temperature -> more water evaporation -> higher humidity.

Try maxing out the hose temperature (86 deg F). If you still get rainout, purchase a hose cover. There are very nice ones available that have thick, insulating padding, and zippers for easy removal.

Even with maxed out hose temp and a cover, you could STILL get some rainout if you use air conditioning. You might also need to get a cover for the short mask hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you haven't tried the Auto setting I would do that first and get a hose cover.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to give an update.
So I pushed the temperature setting up on the hose to 85 degrees last night. The air and tube was warm all night. No rain out issues. Will continue to use this method to see how it works out.

Thanks for all the advice.

Inky1
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice you found a solution so far.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Also in case of further problems, try putting your machine lower than body level.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
You can find hose covers cheap on Amazon. I had rainout when I upped humidity to 5 but it stopped when I added the cover.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Rain out all of a sudden mogulman 1 287 12-17-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.