Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rain out in climate line hose
RE: Rain out in climate line hose
With my S8 Autoset I used a Resmed tubing wrap and with the humidifier set to about 75% of maximum, I found the humidification to be satisfactory and usually no rainout during 10 years of use.
The water container would typically be about 20% water remaining after a full night's use.
The humidifier cover had begun to split around the tubing connector, and spare part no longer available.
So taking advantage of last Black Friday offer from Resmed, I bought an Airsense 10 with humidifier and climate line tubing.
I started off with all humidifier settings on auto, and it was winter time.
I found that I always woke with a very dry mouth and nose (using a nasal pillows mask and chin strap so not due to mouth open).
The water chamber would be still be 60% full after a night's use.
Tried experimenting with manual humidifier and tube temperature settiings.
At any combination of humidifier and tube temperature settings that provided satisfactory humidification I always had issues with rainout.

What has been anyone else's experience? Is the climate line tubing likely to be faulty? Changing the tube temperature does seem to make some difference to rainout but does not eliminate it.

I am in UK, so night time room temperature may be cool, other than in summer, and ambient humidity moderate.
I contacted Resmed to ask if a a tubing wrap was available, and suitable for use with climate line tubing, and was told not advised.
Ignoring that advice, I ordered their slimline tubing wrap, which is a bit shorter than the tube, but seems to do the trick. No more rainout. Water chamber now 30% full after a night's use.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rain out in climate line hose
I've never experienced rain-out. I use a hose hanger / holder and a hose cover. The hose runs uphill to the hose hanger at about a 50 degree incline. 

The hose hanger was the biggest improvement in regards to making CPAP therapy better.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,648 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 264 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
Question Hose volume Willw 4 285 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 260 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 629 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,372 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 569 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.