Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rain out in nasal pillows?
Rain out in nasal pillows?
This is my first winter with my APAP.

My room gets down to about 60 at night and I am experiencing wet nasal pillows and leaks that wake me up.

I have a heated tube I have not used yet...I guess it is time and this will help?

Are there any guidelines as to temperature? My humidifier is currently set at 3.5.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rain out in nasal pillows?
Hi ypeels,
The heated hose should help with the rainout.
Hang in there for more suggestions on setting temperatures.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2013, 10:14 AM)ypeels Wrote: This is my first winter with my APAP.

My room gets down to about 60 at night and I am experiencing wet nasal pillows and leaks that wake me up.

I have a heated tube I have not used yet...I guess it is time and this will help?

Are there any guidelines as to temperature? My humidifier is currently set at 3.5.
Lowering humidity might help with rainout but not going to help if the moisture collected in the nasal pillows is from your own breath

I use climate line (heated hose) on auto mode and adjust temperature depending on how cold or warm the bedroom. Auto mode provide rainout protection .. Read more http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
The heated hose will help with rainout in the hose itself but won't help with rainout in the mask or the mask's hose. With my Breeze, which had a hard plastic shell that the pillows went in, I'd get woken up if I rolled onto my back. It either went into my nostril and burned or it spritzed out the vent hole and I got rained on.

You may have to put a sock on the mask's hose and perhaps on the mask itself if you experience rainout even with the heated hose. That's what I am going to try this winter. I have a different mask now so not sure if it will still happen but I'm thinking it will since we have a cool temp bedroom.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I may try the FX Barrel cozy if the heated tube doesn't work. Looks comfy!
Post Reply Post Reply
Padacheek's FX barrel cozies do make a difference and they are cozy. If the rainout problem is really bad and confined to the pillows themselves, you can also use two Padacheek FX barrel cozies---on on top of the other.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,752 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 315 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 388 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 394 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 862 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.