Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rain out ?
Rain out ?
Have had a Resmed airsens 10 for just over a year now, have got it with the heated tube, built in humidifier. Waking up in the morning with slight amount of water in the mask.
I Thought the heated tube was supposed to stop it? When I feel the tube it does not feel warm - Faulty ?
Regards
Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rain out ?
G'day Bob. It's been pretty wet the last week or so, but I haven't noticed any rainout. My heated tube has never felt warm to the touch - it should be just a degree or so above ambient. What temperature do you have the humidifier set at? It might be worth bumping it up a tad.
Post Reply Post Reply
The heated tube keeps moisture from forming in the TUBE, not the mask. It is quite possible the condensation you saw in the mask is from your own breath or from the moisture coming from the humidifier. If you have a hose going from mask to machine hose, you can put an old sock or bit of fleece over it to keep it warm. Even over the mask itself as long as you leave the vent open. Mask condensation is usually not much, just a few droplets. I solved it by sleeping under the covers.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I tried my Resmed on full-bore 8 of 8 for humidity one night, and got condensation in the short tube going to the P10 pillows.

First I got a drop or two, then after I started moving around it kept coming until I got up and swung the tube around to clear it. It was 75 degrees in the room and I had the long climate-line tube set for 80 degrees. (was trying to keep my sinuses clear that night - sort of a forced vaporizer effect I was going for...)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep. You'll need some way to keep that hose as warm as the room in order to prevent condensation. That's what the heated hose does. They sell some covers but you can make your own out of socks or bits of fleece. When I sleep on my back, I wake myself up often spouting water like a whale. Just a fine mist of water, just enough to wake me up. Better than having it roll into my nostril! Burns like a sunny biscuit! Now that's not a fun way to wake up.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys for the advice will try it out and let you know
You all be careful out there
Regards
Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2015, 11:49 PM)metro5053 Wrote: I Thought the heated tube was supposed to stop it? When I feel the tube it does not feel warm - Faulty ?
Regards
Bob
The heated tube protect against rainout ONLY when on "Auto"
Hose cover for the ClimateLineAir is not necessary, defeat the purpose

If set on "Manual" and getting rainout:
First try turn up temp, if air feel warm and rainout continues ... try turn down humidity (trial and error)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rain out all of a sudden mogulman 1 288 12-17-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Rain out in climate line hose Inky1 11 3,460 09-07-2020, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Rain-out! Sleepgains 6 1,207 04-12-2020, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Osiris357
  Rain out last night now ear pain LookingForward 6 1,520 07-15-2018, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  [Equipment] Resmed Autoset 10 Rain Out nicholb 14 3,588 10-16-2017, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Clearing rain out from tubing shokk 13 3,729 07-07-2016, 04:21 AM
Last Post: shokk
  Rain out in nasal pillows? ypeels 5 3,816 10-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.