Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rainout and the A10
Rainout and the A10
I have not had this much trouble with hose rainout in years. This is getting ridiculous.

I have the heated hose. I currently have the humidity set to manual in order to figure out the problem. Auto makes it run dry too soon even on humid nights. I do a manual setting and let it go for a few days and yet the rainout persists.

Any clues? Anyone else have this issue?

Last night I woke up from a bad dream, mouth open, yelling, on my back. My mouth was so dry, my tongue is sore still from where I peeled it off the roof of my mouth. One nostril has been tender all day (it happens often when the tank goes empty). I got up to drink and to refill the tank, figuring it was dry. It wasn't but the hose was gurgling. Again.

Going to go to bed now (2:30, I reckon it is time) and put it the humidity on auto.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rainout and the A10
Maybe you have a bad hose and it's not heating up?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I would put the tube temp and humidity on auto. Also, I didn't see you mention you had a hose cover. If not, get the cover as well. I believe that combo should stop your problem. If that doesn't work then you will have to work on reducing the humidity in your sleeping environment, especially so as the humidity in your area rises this time of year. Don't know how close this is to you but Charlotte shows 70s and 80s percent humidity.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I normally don't use the humidifier except for spring and a little in fall. It really helps with my allergies.

Yes the hose gets warm. Much warmer than the one with my S9.

I used auto last night and did not have rainout. But it was fairly humid and warm already so probably was not needed.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
My A10 can easily push into rainout.
I don't have a heated hose (and would not like heated air), so I don't have an "auto" available.
But depending on ambient temp and humidity, I have to adjust mine from 4 to 6 to provide enough humidity to keep my congestion under control and avoid rainout.
A hose cover made a big difference without noticeably increasing the air temperature.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use my ASV Auto humidifier on manual of 4 and heated hose on 86. With a FFM, room temp at 70-71 lately with A/C on as well. I have some pollen allergies and COPD. Probably none of that helps. Maybe bump the humidifier tub with a small 6 pound hammer. Just to get it's attention. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first got it, I used the auto and had rainout. So I went to manual after several nights of gurgling and still had rainout.

Once allergy season is gone, I'll turn the dang thing off or use just passover humidification.

Using a hammer sounds like a good idea!

As for the hose cover, might be a good option since I seem to keep waking up with it rapped around my head or neck. Slept on the mask hose one night and had a "groovy" face all day.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Paula, the hose cover not only helps to prevent condensation, but it makes the hose much more comfortable and quiet. It is a worthwhile and inexpensive investment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2018, 07:36 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Paula, the hose cover not only helps to prevent condensation, but it makes the hose much more comfortable and quiet.  It is a worthwhile and inexpensive investment.

+1
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried unplugging the heated hose and then plugging back in? I read somewhere where that might "reset" things. 

I have an Airsense 10 Autoset with heated hose, and the grey Slimline hose cover. I only ever got rainout in the hose once with this setup, when I had humidity set to 6. 

I get varying amounts of condensation in my Dreamwear Nasal mask at times, but the mask is not insulated (I'm working on that).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  [Equipment] ResMed rainout help Sorcha 2 383 12-29-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How do I stop this rainout?!?! Please help tierdal 17 1,204 12-12-2023, 08:59 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Rainout prevention - dry mouth issue BlueSky1958 5 583 11-22-2023, 10:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Constantly Rainout with Climateline all of a sudden, help? tierdal 6 757 09-21-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Equipment] Sudden rainout on AirSense 11 dovaleh 8 1,659 09-21-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
  All of a sudden rainout after years of use and now Condensation in Mask & Elbow only. HMG7450 17 2,442 05-09-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.