Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rainout and the A10
RE: Rainout and the A10
Auto settings + hose cover and worries will be over.  You won't have to resort to any gimmicks like passover etc...  They also come in different colors.  See Supplier #31.  There are covers for both the long hose and the short hose between mask and long hose connector.  For those that come across issues with A10 rainout there are a lot of threads on this.  Our old friend PaytonA and I had a nice discussion about this a few years ago.  This is a good place to start:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...alfunction
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't use a hose cover until a month or so ago. Never had issue with rainout except when I was trialing an m series machine. The heated hose significantly changes the feel of the air making it warmer. I speculate the hose cover will solve your problem.

Also, I have long been a fan of hanging the hose up. I made a hose hanger to try, then I bought the 15ish dollar hanger from Amazon. Won't go without it now.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I will order a hose cover soon. And I am working on getting a hook so I can hold the hose up. The way it comes out of the A10 is weird and I've almost pulled the machine off several times.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The large command hooks are very good at doing some hose management.

Edit-large command hooks along with Velcro cable straps
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using a small command hook and a lanyard (from a convention I went to). It's PERFECT! Bonus: I have yet to accidentally sweep my machine off my nightstand since using this hose holder contraption!

I crocheted around the lanyard to make it look pretty. :-) The hose cover makes it look nice too. No medical look on my side of the bed!
Post Reply Post Reply
They want HOW MUCH for a hose cover??? I don't think so. Found simpler ones for much cheaper at Supplier #26 (it is where I get most of my stuff).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
There are options indeed. See Supplier #1 as well. The important thing is that you are getting one and this is the quick fix for most rainout related issues.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The noise of the hose dragging across the bed frame (25 year old waterbed frame with a memory foam mattress in it now) was probably one of the most irritating things after rainout. The hose cover helped both.
I also picked up a Hose Buddy, and while water can still collect in the low spot next to my head, it never gets as bad as it used to.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  [Equipment] ResMed rainout help Sorcha 2 383 12-29-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How do I stop this rainout?!?! Please help tierdal 17 1,204 12-12-2023, 08:59 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Rainout prevention - dry mouth issue BlueSky1958 5 583 11-22-2023, 10:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Constantly Rainout with Climateline all of a sudden, help? tierdal 6 757 09-21-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Equipment] Sudden rainout on AirSense 11 dovaleh 8 1,659 09-21-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
  All of a sudden rainout after years of use and now Condensation in Mask & Elbow only. HMG7450 17 2,442 05-09-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.