Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rainout in O2 tubing
Rainout in O2 tubing
It seems like it is what you learn after you know it all that really counts.

I use an oxygen concentrator with over 50 feet of tubing so I can keep the concentrator in the bathroom with the door closed and not have to listen to it all night.
There was some moisture accumulating in the tubing, so I added a water trap device. Every thing was great for a day two. Then major grumbling from the tubing. So I look at the water trap and discover it must have been doing its job. It was full of water. Now it was no longer just passing humidity down the tubing but pouring water down stream.
Who knew you need to empty the water trap?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rainout in O2 tubing
LOL. I too have a concentrator. The concentrator has a small compressor that runs at 15 PSI; regulated down to 5 PSI before the flow meter.
The compression always squeezes water out of the air.

When I was in the university, I pumped gasoline on the night shift to make money.
They had a large compressor with a twin piston, two stage compressor.
No one ever drained the tank. One day, the compressor blew a head right through the metal ceiling.
I ducked and yelled, "INCOMING!"
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 755 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  [Equipment] ResMed rainout help Sorcha 2 383 12-29-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 623 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.