Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rainout issues - OSCAR and humidity + temp data
Rainout issues - OSCAR and humidity + temp data
Hi there, i have an a10 with climateline set to auto for both humidity and temp. When I import data into OSCAR, every single day it says humidity level is 4, temp is 27. Is this number fluctuating during sleep and OSCAR isn't capturing it, or is it always at these levels? I've been having rainout/condensation issues even with a fleece cover, hose system, and a10 on the floor at 65F room temp with AC running and it's driving my insane. I wake up every 2-3 hours. So I've been thinking of switching to manual, or at least starting with increasing temp to 86F (max) before switching humidity to auto. I don't want to have to tinker with manual settings everyday so I'd prefer the climateline do its thing on auto but it's not working!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rainout issues - OSCAR and humidity + temp data
What does it say for "Climate Control" in the Machine Settings panel? If it has 'Automatic' that overrides the temperature and humidity settings further down.
It will take some tweaking to the Setting code to clear up this confusion, so it won't happen in the coming release, and I will fix this problem for the one after.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rainout issues - OSCAR and humidity + temp data
Strange that you're getting rainout with humidity on auto. That should ensure relative humidity of 85% and avoid rainout regardless of environmental conditions. Temp auto just means 80F/27C AFAIK. Increasing the temp will just increase the water content to maintain the same relative humdity level (assuming humidity sensor is working to a fixed humdity level). I would also try decreasing the temperature, which may be more comfortable depending on your preference (I like 18C/65F, but that's just me).

Climate Control=Auto is just for humidity. Temperature Enable=Auto is for temperature.

It could be you have a faulty hose (sensor and/or heater) or a faulty humdifier that's stuck on?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 219 Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 54 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 55 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 70 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 406 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 89 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.