Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rainout.....why?
RE: Rainout.....why?
I want to thank everyone for their helpful explanations of rainout, and suggestions for solutions.  The heated hose is only a month old, and I checked it for leaks and there were none.  I changed the climate control setting to auto, and raised the tube temp to 78.  I have had no further rainout and feel relieved that it worked.  For some reason, the whole rainout/dew point/condensation issue was very confusing to me but I think I understand it, thanks to many of the examples people provided.  I am so amazed at the help I received, so quickly. What a wonderful support system.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if you mentioned whether that you have a hose cover on your hose. Many on here say that it helps to insulate the hose and helps to eliminate rain out. 

I have a black fleece cover on mine, mainly to make the hose virtually silent. My hose runs up to and then rests on top of our bed's headboard. If it moves around some, the cover eliminates any noise.
Post Reply Post Reply
The most common cause of accumulated water in the tube is an over-filled humidity chamber or tilting the full container, allowing water to spill into the tube. It can often be cleared by lifting the hose and draining water back to the humidifier.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2019, 11:05 AM)Big Guy Wrote: Not sure if you mentioned whether that you have a hose cover on your hose. Many on here say  it helps to insulate the hose and helps to eliminate rain out. 

I have a black fleece cover on mine, mainly to make the hose virtually silent. My hose runs up to and then rests on top of our bed's headboard. If it moves around some, the cover eliminates any noise.

I tried a hose cover awhile back and found that it caused rainout.  What my other settings were at the time I can’t remember.

(08-13-2019, 11:53 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The most common cause of accumulated water in the tube is an over-filled humidity chamber or tilting the full container, allowing water to spill into the tube.  It can often be cleared by lifting the hose and draining water back to the humidifier.

Sleeprider, yes, I did experience that, too.  I’m careful to keep the humidity chamber lower than the maximum line.
Post Reply Post Reply
IT: Resmed Airsense 10 Auto , 10ft unheated-uncovered hose, Humidity MAX-8 .
ME: almost a year with APAP support, got lot better, ?relapse after a surgery?, still struggling, BiLevel is coming soon , Coastal Carolinas USA

RAINOUT/GURGLING:
10ft hose started because I wanted flexibility to position machine (home/camping) and to move around a bit w/o disconnecting.
The RAINOUT-GURGLE was such big deal I ended up waking once a night and kept a pad to drain the hose. Just got used to it.
"AND THEN" one night I ended up pulling the extra hose under then covers next to my body. (a) hose is kept warm and so less/no condensation. (b) with hose horizontal there is less/no place for water to accumulate. 

Good Luck to all of us.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  [Equipment] ResMed rainout help Sorcha 2 383 12-29-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How do I stop this rainout?!?! Please help tierdal 17 1,204 12-12-2023, 08:59 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Rainout prevention - dry mouth issue BlueSky1958 5 583 11-22-2023, 10:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Constantly Rainout with Climateline all of a sudden, help? tierdal 6 757 09-21-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Equipment] Sudden rainout on AirSense 11 dovaleh 8 1,658 09-21-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
  All of a sudden rainout after years of use and now Condensation in Mask & Elbow only. HMG7450 17 2,442 05-09-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.