Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rainout with Climate Control Air Curve!
Angry 
Rainout with Climate Control Air Curve!
When I got my new Air Curve VAuto, I got the new hose that goes with the climate control system which I've had for 6 months machine and one month hose.

I have a whole house humidifier that keeps the house at a constant humidity level. The temperature in my room was the same as it's been all month. My mattress is higher than the machine.

Shortly after starting to use my bipap last night, I got all the water in the humidifier in my face!Shock I have been on CPAP for 3 years and I have never gotten rainout, let alone being water boarded!!!

Up until 2 nights ago, it seemed like I wasn't getting moist air at all with the air coming through to my mask.

HELP!
:Using cpap then vpap since Feb.2013,
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rainout with Climate Control Air Curve!
I've overfilled my tank and gotten a face full of water. Any chance this happened to you?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Kate, try to keep your machine below your head level, or if that's not possible use a hose support that holds the hose higher before it drops to your mask. I kind of suspect this was not rainout as JM suggests.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I only fill my water level to the first line or I'd be wasting distilled water. As I said in my earlier note, my head is above the machine. I have an electric bed and my sleep doc wants me to keep my head up when sleep.

I have gone on the Resmed site and did everything that they suggest for rainout. Do you think that a problem with the tubing or the humidifier caused the problem?
:Using cpap then vpap since Feb.2013,
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Kate,
Good to hear from you again, I’m sure sorry you are having such problems with your new machine.
Good luck to you in getting this straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 902 3 hours ago
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 218 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Should I Buy It..Air Curve 10 VAuto WW4B 2 207 02-24-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 218 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  [Equipment] ResMed rainout help Sorcha 2 374 12-29-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How do I stop this rainout?!?! Please help tierdal 17 1,150 12-12-2023, 08:59 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP Does Not Control Small Chokes Buitlear 27 1,885 12-03-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Buitlear

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.