Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rainout with heated hose
Rainout with heated hose
My first night with the Resmed heated tube and P10 nasal pillows. 'Climate Control' set to 'Auto'. The air felt warm (warmer than ambient; 60°F), so I assume it's working. Around 0400, awoke to a freshwater sinus rinse from condensation in the hose. Woke up, field-stripped the P10 and shook everything out, laid the hose so the excess hose formed a water trap, and went back to bed. My sinuses do feel better from the humidified air than they usually do from the central heating.
Also discovered that the higher I place the strap, the more comfortable the nasal pillows, but the more likely I am to rub the whole thing off on the pillow. Lower on the head is more secure, but rotates the pillows just enough to place obnoxious upward pressure on my nose.
9.31 hours; leakage 4 L/min, AHI 6.3, MyAir score: 95
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rainout with heated hose
I have the humidifer set to 5 and have to set the temperature to its highest setting (I think 86?) to keep the hose dry. The ambient air temp in our house at night is 62. I wonder if having the ambient so low contributes to condensation in the hose.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that is possible having the room temp on the cooler side may contribute to condensation. And yes, 86 degrees F is the top setting on the heated hose with ResMed devices.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a heated hose, and also cover it with a Snugglehose fleece cover. Any hose needs to be routed upward from the machine before descending to your mask. You will never get a sinus rinse if you do this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Emmet,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using Aircurve 10 with max humidifier at 8 and max temp at 30C,manual settings. Whats more the hose is not rooted upwards at all, the device is about 30 cm above my head, the hose dangling as it goes. No face rain whatsover, more like dry mouth and throat. Not to mention the whole room is cold since my window is 24/7 open winter/summer.

Try using Dreamwear from philips its got good protections against unwanted 'rubbing off'. Never fell of my face and I move like crazy.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a heated hose and fleece hose cover as well.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:"Any hose needs to be routed upward from the machine before descending to your mask. You will never get a sinus rinse if you do this."

Apparently, I'm an exception to that rule. My heated hose goes up through a hose holder and down to my mask, and I got the 'neti pot' treatment anyway.
The heated hose appears to be working; at least, it's warm to the touch; warmer than the P10's hose. I assume it has to do with the temperature differential in a cold room. I turned 'Climate' to 'Manual', set 'Humidity' to '4', and the temperature to 85°F, and put on a hose cover. Hopefully come Spring when all the windows are open, the 'Auto' feature will work better.
Quote:"Hi Emmet,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy."

Thank you. The collective experience of others on boards like this have been invaluable to me in getting set up and off to a good start.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2018, 01:29 PM)Emmet Wrote: Apparently, I'm an exception to that rule. My heated hose goes up through a hose holder and down to my mask, and I got the 'neti pot' treatment anyway.
The heated hose appears to be working; at least, it's warm to the touch; warmer than the P10's hose.

I've had the same thing and concluded it is the unheated short hose on the P10 that is responsible. 

I've found two things that help. First is just pull down the hose from the hanger a bit so the short P10 hose lays across your body and keeps warm. The other is increase the heated hose temp while leaving the humidity level on auto. 

I use the first method. for me this is really only and issue in the spring or fall when I have the heat off and the windows open.
Post Reply Post Reply
I cover the short hose from the P10 with the fleece hose cover. I'd rather leave a bit of the heated hose near the machine uncovered than not protect that small hose.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 218 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 933 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 589 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 218 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 341 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 543 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  [Equipment] ResMed rainout help Sorcha 2 374 12-29-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.