Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Raise or Lower Pressure for Flow Limitations?
RE: Raise or Lower Pressure for Flow Limitations?
(12-21-2019, 10:24 AM)Osiris357 Wrote: This here is a perfect example of flow limited breathing without a flow limitation in sight. I need higher pressure support and hopefully I can convince my doc of that on the 3rd of next month.

This was a minute before I woke up and took my mask off

i was also using the ResMed AirSense10 Auto with EPR at 3.0
now using ResMed AirCurve VAuto.

ended up purchasing BiLevel out-of-pocket, no more dealing with doctors/insurance for me.
so far, it seems like the purchase was wise. i think you'll like the extra features/settings you can get from the BiLevel
i still have some tinkering to do, but believe I am on the right track

good luck to you,

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2019, 10:26 AM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: Plateauing on the inspiratory curve on a few breaths, you had only two CAs and barely any leakage, so I don't see why you shouldn't slowly inch up your PS some more.

Your FL chart has also, unsurprisingly, gone down as you've increased PS
PS 4.6
[Image: tcbzaav.jpg]
PS 5.0
[Image: rVSuaHT.jpg]
Ps 5.4
[Image: kDry5li.jpg]

Love the way you organized the above three charts. really shows the progress. Thanks!

Sounds like some more pressure support within the coming days/weeks to see where that takes me. 
Anything I should look out for as increasing PS so not overdoing it?  CA's?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2019, 10:48 AM)CPAPUserDave Wrote: Love the way you organized the above three charts. really shows the progress. Thanks!

Sounds like some more pressure support within the coming days/weeks to see where that takes me. 
Anything I should look out for as increasing PS so not overdoing it?  CA's?

CAs, aerophagia and the inspiration curve being extremely sharp are the three main signs I know of.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2019, 10:43 AM)CPAPUserDave Wrote: ended up purchasing BiLevel out-of-pocket

Thank you Dave, I’m probably going to do the same if I can’t get her to say it’s a medical necessity. My only hope is I can get her to write me a script for it. Otherwise I’m gonna have to hit the want ad sites and apps and search for another doc who will. I’ve never had a doc not go along with my suggestions as long as it wouldn’t hurt me but this time around might be my first.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
I think flow limitation is about out of the picture but there is a curious bump in the beginning of inspiration, and I have no good explanation for it. Maximum PS is whatever you tolerate comfortably or that does not result in over-ventilation that causes CA. You don't appear to be near either problem. If your Ti Min is still 0.3, take it up to 0.7 and see if that helps.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2019, 08:01 PM)Osiris357 Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 10:43 AM)CPAPUserDave Wrote: ended up purchasing BiLevel out-of-pocket

Thank you Dave, I’m probably going to do the same if I can’t get her to say it’s a medical necessity. My only hope is I can get her to write me a script for it. Otherwise I’m gonna have to hit the want ad sites and apps and search for another doc who will. I’ve never had a doc not go along with my suggestions as long as it wouldn’t hurt me but this time around might be my first.

i used Supplier #2. check them out. no doc needed
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2019, 10:26 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think flow limitation is about out of the picture but there is a curious bump in the beginning of inspiration, and I have no good explanation for it.  Maximum PS is whatever you tolerate comfortably or that does not result in over-ventilation that causes CA. You don't appear to be near either problem.  If your Ti Min is still 0.3, take it up to 0.7 and see if that helps.

i will try Ti Min at 0.7 from 0.3

tried raising PS last night by 0.4, CA started to show up. will back off

Read/saw somewhere explanations of Ti Min/Max, Trigger, Cycle but now my searches are fruitless so far. anyone got a link?
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a high sensitivity for trigger if centrals start to arise out of use of pressure support, and in fact I use it for myself. I was averaging 0.8 to 2.5 AHI as mostly centrals for a while. That dropped to 0.0 to 0.5 with trigger sensitivity on high. It starts IPAP a fraction earlier with less spontaneous effort. I don't know if it applies to you, but no harm in trying. I was just trying to see if we could knock that bump out of your early inspiration by ensuring IPAP is on long enough for you to get well into the inhale cycle. It's a matter of comfort and experimenting with the settings to see what works best for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2019, 10:26 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think flow limitation is about out of the picture but there is a curious bump in the beginning of inspiration, and I have no good explanation for it.  Maximum PS is whatever you tolerate comfortably or that does not result in over-ventilation that causes CA. You don't appear to be near either problem.  If your Ti Min is still 0.3, take it up to 0.7 and see if that helps.

I think I need a scorecard!  If I'm tracking correctly, the curious bumps are on a chart belonging to Osiris, not the OP, who is CPAPUserDave.  Do I have that right??
Post Reply Post Reply
Dormeo I think your correct. I posted that for a reference for what I was saying to the OP.

Sleeprider I wish I knew what they were also. They are posted in my thread towards the end also if you’d like to take a look again. Don’t wanna high jack this thread
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 6 197 1 hour ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 81 6 hours ago
Last Post: Narcil
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 14 399 Yesterday, 09:04 PM
Last Post: RichardW
  Low AHI vs. low Flow Limitation apneakid 13 966 04-22-2024, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Low OA/H. Still high CA. How to lower them? jakeroviks 1 97 04-21-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 846 04-19-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 109 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.