Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Raise or Lower Pressure for Flow Limitations?
RE: Raise or Lower Pressure for Flow Limitations?
Considering the vitamin D deficiency last year, descriptions of running 80%, cobwebs, etc. and that you are getting a physical anyway, you might check testosterone levels. Low T seems to be common among male CPAP users.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2019, 09:15 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Considering the vitamin D deficiency last year, descriptions of running 80%, cobwebs, etc.  and that you are getting a physical anyway, you might check testosterone levels.   Low T seems to be common among male CPAP users.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6305865/
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the link ragtopcircus. suits me to a T!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2019, 02:30 PM)sheepless Wrote: thanks for the link ragtopcircus. suits me to a T!

Lolabove
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2019, 09:15 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Considering the vitamin D deficiency last year, descriptions of running 80%, cobwebs, etc.  and that you are getting a physical anyway, you might check testosterone levels.   Low T seems to be common among male CPAP users.

already on list (among Vitamin D test and others)

last year was fine, but another year has passed so...
Post Reply Post Reply
Update: one week changing minimum pressure from 9.0 to 10.0,
and two weeks using Flonase at bedtime (using APAP machine to blow nasal spray back into sinuses),
actually feel better. the sinus 'pressure' has decreased a good bit (flonase effect?)
still rather tired by afternoon, but definitely an improvement

My OSCAR charts/graphs still show flow limitations, but i am trying to go with the how I feel than looking at numbers too much (its hard, like putting a beer in front of me and telling me I can't drink it!)

had physical with primary doctor yesterday (I passed!), he said keep using the flonase as have been. 'If it is working, keep it going')

i will keep doing the same unless another pressure increase might help more??

with that said, i think the ideal solution would be to purchase a bi-level machine and go from there
I do not have a backup machine yet, so a purchase of another machine has been on my radar anyhow. just happening a little bit sooner than anticipated. Merry Christmas to me!

currently have ResMed Airsense 10 auto, looking to purchase (out of pocket) a ResMed AirCurve VAuto
Am I correct in assuming that the VAuto machine has same features/therapy as the Airsense except has better pressure support (and maybe other different features)?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Aircurve 10 Vauto has all the features of the Airsense 10 Autoset plus more pressure support, inspiration timing controls, and trigger and cycle sensitivity settings. It is a much more versatile machine. I was looking at the Milwalkee Craigslist and noticed someone is advertising an Airsense 10, but looking at the pictures, it is actually an Aircurve 10 ASV. This is not the machine you want, but someone has no clue what they have. It would be overpriced at $700 for an Autoset, but not bad for ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post your charts.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Receiving a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto tomorrow. (Early Christmas present I guess)

Need recommendations on initial settings to combat my flow limitations (see above charts)

my thinking is to set up with my current settings but not sure how EPR shows/works on new machine??

current settings using AirSense 10 Autoset are:
Min 10   Max 20   EPR @ 3.0
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2019, 06:48 PM)CPAPUserDave Wrote: Receiving a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto tomorrow. (Early Christmas present I guess)

Need recommendations on initial settings to combat my flow limitations (see above charts)

my thinking is to set up with my current settings but not sure how EPR shows/works on new machine??

current settings using AirSense 10 Autoset are:
Min 10   Max 20   EPR @ 3.0
VAuto Settings to match are
EPAP Min = 10 - EPR (3) = 7
IPAP Max = 20  
PS = EPR = 3

IPAP = EPAP + PS
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 2 37 34 minutes ago
Last Post: ahuman
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 7 230 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 305 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 110 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,608 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.