Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Raised my pressure and AHI went down but
Raised my pressure and AHI went down but
Wondering if there is anything happening with flow limits. I really do not know how to read these reports still. It was recommended that I raise my EPR from 2 to 3. I tried that for two nights and still seemed to wake up a lot. I also got a few centrals each night. I am guessing I should have raised my pressure more to account for the decline in pressure from EPR, but I was afraid to. I just put EPR back to 2 and raised my minimum pressure to 9. My AHI was below 1 for three consecutive nights. Here is an overview from last night, with a few details too. I just don't know if shows anything else is going on.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Raised my pressure and AHI went down but
Wow, these are all great readings.
Your expiratory relief pressure does not affect your IPAP pressure. All it does is to make it easier for you to exhale without fighting pressure, so if you are finding that you are fighting the machine when you are exhaling, then increasing the EPR would provide more relief for you.
I would not keep increasing IPAP max pressures with these readings, if you are getting a good night sleep already.
People without sleep apnea can get up to an AHI of FIVE(5) and are still not technically counted as having sleep apnea, so if your AHI is hovering around 1 and you are getting quality sleep, I would not try to fix what's not boke.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks very good to me as is now. Unless there's a comfort factor you're missing, I'd try this a few days and see what trends you get.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, thank you! I think the bump to a minimum of 9 has helped me a lot, so I will keep it there. I don't think I am having trouble breathing out at EPR of 2. It was suggested to try 3 for flow limits, but somehow it felt like I was not getting enough air or something and I noticed centrals increased. I feel like I still have this small awakenings through the night, but I do get some chunks of time where I am sleeping deeply, so that is good.
Post Reply Post Reply
Higher EPR on the AutoSet is similar therapy wise to pressure support on BPAP, so there's a lot of PAP users that may see an increase in CA/Central Apnea for a bit. If yours stay low, it's not an issue. We're not after zero Apnea BTW, where yours are now will be just fine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  [Pressure] My sleep dr raised pressure to 16 Vickil 4 148 03-19-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Treatment] Sudden raised AHI Papageno 10 647 12-07-2023, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Papageno
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.