Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Raising Head of Bed?
Rainbow 
Raising Head of Bed?
Can I lower my CPAP pressure if I raise the head of my bed?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Raising Head of Bed?
The only way to know if your pressure is set correctly is by using software to monitor your events.
It looks like you might want to go into your profile and identify your machine in the correct location, add your mask, then download and install Sleepyhead software and add that to your profile.

If you have the airsense 10 for her, why do you have it set at a fixed pressure of 7.6 instead of a range (perhaps 6-10).

Raising the head of your bed is supposed to help several medical conditions, especially if you sleep on your back.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to sleep on my back, lumbar trauma, and that meant higher pressures. Did not want higher pressures! Using SleepyHead I monitored my pressure as I raised the head of my bed. Unsure

First I had a wedge and added pillows. I now have an adjustable bed. Not long ago I did a test...lowered the HOB and looked at numbers...lousy! Back up it went. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2015, 06:35 PM)bwexler Wrote: The only way to know if your pressure is set correctly is by using software to monitor your events.
It looks like you might want to go into your profile and identify your machine in the correct location, add your mask, then download and install Sleepyhead software and add that to your profile.

If you have the airsense 10 for her, why do you have it set at a fixed pressure of 7.6 instead of a range (perhaps 6-10).

Raising the head of your bed is supposed to help several medical conditions, especially if you sleep on your back.

The machine is a loaner from my titration. I'm not allowed to touch the settings or data.

I see the Dr. on Monday and I was going to ask him if we can lower the pressure as I have inflammation in my neck/throat which is irritated by cpap.

(11-28-2015, 06:48 PM)Barbz Wrote: I have to sleep on my back, lumbar trauma, and that meant higher pressures. Did not want higher pressures! Using SleepyHead I monitored my pressure as I raised the head of my bed. Unsure

First I had a wedge and added pillows. I now have an adjustable bed. Not long ago I did a test...lowered the HOB and looked at numbers...lousy! Back up it went. Big Grin

Thanks! I will ask my Dr. about this :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll mention this again. If you take out the SD card and switch the little white tab down to the locked position you can then put it in your computer and download the data. Won't affect anything. My doc is looking at my data that's being recorded now and I do this every morning. Download and install SH and then look at your data to see what is going on.

Oh and don't forget to unlock the SD card before you put it back into the A10.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2015, 07:09 PM)cate1898 Wrote: I'll mention this again. If you take out the SD card and switch the little white tab down to the locked position you can then put it in your computer and download the data. Won't affect anything. My doc is looking at my data that's being recorded now and I do this every morning. Download and install SH and then look at your data to see what is going on.

thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2015, 07:09 PM)cate1898 Wrote: I'll mention this again. If you take out the SD card and switch the little white tab down to the locked position you can then put it in your computer and download the data. Won't affect anything. My doc is looking at my data that's being recorded now and I do this every morning. Download and install SH and then look at your data to see what is going on.

Yup, thats what I do as well.

I sleep with one pillow through the night but if I wake in the early hours and want to doze some more, I use a second pillow. I have not noticed much difference in my data. But will keep my eyes peeled now!
Post Reply Post Reply
I also use an adjustable bed. I mostly sleep on either side, but the adjustable bed, enables me to sleep on my back without my pressure going up. If I put the bed in a flat position and try to sleep on my back, pressure goes up because there are more apneas to take care of!

To answer OP's question. I don't know if she would be able to lower pressure with the head of bed elevated. She is on a straight pressure setting, and she has not told us her AHI or breakdown of AHI.

linn, you need to start tracking your data, loaner machine or not.

I check my numbers a couple times a week. Even though I sleep elevated, my pressure needs stay the same, and I don't experience much higher AHI numbers. Usually under 1.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2015, 09:08 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I also use an adjustable bed. I mostly sleep on either side, but the adjustable bed, enables me to sleep on my back without my pressure going up. If I put the bed in a flat position and try to sleep on my back, pressure goes up because there are more apneas to take care of!

To answer OP's question. I don't know if she would be able to lower pressure with the head of bed elevated. She is on a straight pressure setting, and she has not told us her AHI or breakdown of AHI.

linn, you need to start tracking your data, loaner machine or not.

I check my numbers a couple times a week. Even though I sleep elevated, my pressure needs stay the same, and I don't experience much higher AHI numbers. Usually under 1.

I'm taking Cipro for a kidney infection and I am sick beyond words. I will be checking my data regularly once I am feeling better. I'm just trying to get through the day at this point.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi linn,
I hope you get to feeling better soon, those infections are miserable.
Take it easy and drink plenty of water ang get plenty of rest if you can.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head position optimization apneavolt 9 249 04-12-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 281 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Pressure not raising during flow limitations Rebdr 2 353 10-26-2023, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Rebdr
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 482 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Elevated head of bed increases CA and AHI silverdr 1 721 09-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  DIY idea to stop itching and rash back of head? okieman 15 11,138 05-16-2023, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Xltrod
  Head cold Barbara.Levitan 2 607 03-10-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.