Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RamboAB - Wellue Import Problems
RE: RamboAB - Wellue Import Problems
Striking out here. 
Following the control panel instructions there are no hidden files and the path has not changed - as I mentioned in my OP I can map to the suggested AppData folder  *C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\O2 Insight Pro\DATA\SN --21102* using Win Explorer. There is data there.

This is what Oscar seems to be searching for *20[0-5][0-9][01][0-9][0-3][0-9][012][0-9][0-5][0-9][0-5][0-9] and I can't change it.

Also worth noting that when using Oscar to map to this directory there is no way to type in a path that does not appear in the little Oscar window - so you have to click on what shows up there.

To be clear the "SN --21102" refers to my (ring) *Serial Number*. I did not change any path and haven't in the past. As for the hidden files - I prob made those visible when I first booted this laptop up.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, plan B. Try copying the files that probably start with the prefix "O2Ring_" to a new directory you will create on your C:\ drive. Try importing from there.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2022, 07:55 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: OK, plan B.  Try copying the files that probably start with the prefix "O2Ring_"  to a new directory you will create on your C:\ drive.  Try importing from there.

Ok that looks like a step in the right direction. While it is a bit cumbersome makes me think the problem is with the Oscar import feature.

I will play some more with it over the next few days as I only have one day imported right now.

Thanks for the help. Now its off to make some more data to import. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is limited by the constraints imposed by the Windows operating system. Another thought, would be to change the folder permissions of your AppData and its subdirectories. You might add "Everyone" with full access to these locations.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2022, 07:00 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: OSCAR is limited by the constraints imposed by the Windows operating system.   Another thought, would be to change the folder permissions of your AppData and its subdirectories.   You might add "Everyone" with full access to these locations.

- Red

Windows has full access to the AppData directory and permissions were (and remain) set to everyone.

However, when trying to import using Oscar, AppData does not appear in the window of choices that Oscar gives you to choose from and you can't type or change another directory.

This appears to be an Oscar Import problem not a Win 10 or permissions problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
RamboAB. If you click in the "File name:" field you can type whatever you want. You can enter an absolute path (like 'c:\users\') or a relative path and the dialog will open that directory. It shows all non-hidden directories, regardless of name, but only files that match the pattern specified. So, if you're not able to move the O2 Insight Data somewhere else (which what I have done and would recommend), you can always paste the entire directory path in to the 'File name' field or type in 'AppData' after browsing to your home directory.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2022, 05:12 AM)kappa Wrote: RamboAB. If you click in the "File name:" field you can type whatever you want. You can enter an absolute path (like 'c:\users\') or a relative path and the dialog will open that directory. It shows all non-hidden directories, regardless of name, but only files that match the pattern specified. So, if you're not able to move the O2 Insight Data somewhere else (which what I have done and would recommend), you can always paste the entire directory path in to the 'File name' field or type in 'AppData' after browsing to your home directory.

Tap, tap, is my mike on?
test 123  - 321

Absolutely you can type in the "File Name" field but unless what you are typing also appears in the *Look In:* window (under the C:\Users\Username)
then it does NO Good to type in *AppData* or anything else.

Is there a setting in Oscar that I'm missing? Cuz it seems to fall back to Oscar Import problem each time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm trying to understand your reasoning of why you think it's OSCAR being the problem. If it was, wouldn't everyone have this problem?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I got a chance to check this in Win10.  The initial file manager window that opens does not show hidden/system file regardless of what the system is set to display:

If you go into the "File name" box and type in c:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local and hit enter (return) then the file manager window will display the files/folders you are looking for:

I am not sure if this is a Qt limitation, or Windows.

I do have my Win10 set to show all files, but that initial window does not show everything for some reason.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2022, 09:49 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I'm trying to understand your reasoning of why you think it's OSCAR being the problem.   If it was, wouldn't everyone have this problem?

Only because I can map to it with Win 10 File Mgr but not with Oscar?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 654 1 hour ago
Last Post: StuartC
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 86 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 62 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 84 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 151 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,356 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,759 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.