Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Ramp Feature
And neither of you are referring to a ramp feature, are you? Isn't that more of an APAP thing where it adjusts the minimum treatment pressure starting point? Ramp is independent of the treatment pressure other than it "ramps" up to the minimum.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-01-2016 12:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
OpalRose Offline

Monitors

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto 560 with A Flex
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: REMStar heated humidifier with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto Cpap 10-13 AFLEX 1
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Started CPAP Therapy October 23, 2014

Sex: Female

No, not talking about ramp, even though the OP started out with that question, and I believe was answered. The OP wanted to be proactive in his therapy, and Opti-start is a PR feature that helps find the 90% pressure and will then start at that pressure, instead of a too low pressure that might be set on Apap.

OpalRose
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2016 12:51 PM by OpalRose.)
07-01-2016 12:48 PM
TheLionSleeps Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Dream Station auto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed AirFit F10
Humidifier: DreamStation Heated
CPAP Pressure: 7.5-10.5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

I just online chatted with a representative Kylie at Dream Station website and she was able to confirm the advanced feature of Opti-Start as quoted below.
Kylie: "Opti-Start will go to the presumed pressure that it believes that you will need and if the pressure is too much, it will decrease back down until it gets to a pressure that is better."

Kylie: "it will start at the pressure that the data shows is necessary but if you need a lesser pressure it will adjust to what is needed after a few moments."
Thank you all for your replies that do help me with the features on this new and improved Dream Station besides the ramp feature. I believe that many of these are not enabled on my therapy and I am going to check into this one . As I mentioned before, this is my second go-around of using CPAP and I am DETERMINED to make it work this time. I am beginning to look forward to using the CPAP at night with the humidifier and that definitely for me is a positive step. I don't feel a lot better in the day- still tired- but am on the right track.
"in the Jungle the quiet Jungle. . . The Lion Sleeps tonight."
07-01-2016 03:11 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
vsheline Online

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

Sex: Male

(07-01-2016 03:11 PM)TheLionSleeps Wrote:  Kylie: "it will start at the pressure that the data shows is necessary but if you need a lesser pressure it will adjust to what is needed after a few moments."

My uninformed guess is "a few moments" may actually be closer to tens of minutes.

It sounds like even when Opti-Start has started the pressure close to the previous session's 90% pressure, the pressure will tend to slowly meander down to the Min Pressure.

If a person rolls onto his/her back after a few hours of sleep and suddenly needs much higher pressure, it could take a long time for the pressure to gradually climb back up to where it needs to be.

So even when using Opti-Start, it sounds like it is still important that the Min Pressure is not set way lower than the 90% pressure.

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2016 01:57 AM by vsheline.)
07-03-2016 01:51 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dream Station Ramp and Pressure Settings knowoneuno 27 608 12-09-2016 09:02 PM
Last Post: Russatrice
  Auto ramp: Do you use, why or why not. Rcgop 18 716 11-29-2016 08:23 AM
Last Post: 0rangebear
  Smart Ramp bernerbits 2 321 09-14-2016 09:19 PM
Last Post: stephennic
  just settings bipap auto 20/12.. pressure ramp brejust 3 355 09-01-2016 02:07 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Equipment] To Ramp or not to Ramp EwanRGR 8 633 07-14-2016 08:41 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [CPAP] Nasal Exhale Blockage & Machine/Feature Choice txpap 1 326 07-11-2016 07:02 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Changing ramp time Fisher Paykal Sleep Style 600 HAVAGO 5 378 07-02-2016 11:58 PM
Last Post: vsheline