Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ramp Feature
RE: Ramp Feature
And neither of you are referring to a ramp feature, are you? Isn't that more of an APAP thing where it adjusts the minimum treatment pressure starting point? Ramp is independent of the treatment pressure other than it "ramps" up to the minimum.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
No, not talking about ramp, even though the OP started out with that question, and I believe was answered. The OP wanted to be proactive in his therapy, and Opti-start is a PR feature that helps find the 90% pressure and will then start at that pressure, instead of a too low pressure that might be set on Apap.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just online chatted with a representative Kylie at Dream Station website and she was able to confirm the advanced feature of Opti-Start as quoted below.
Kylie: "Opti-Start will go to the presumed pressure that it believes that you will need and if the pressure is too much, it will decrease back down until it gets to a pressure that is better."

Kylie: "it will start at the pressure that the data shows is necessary but if you need a lesser pressure it will adjust to what is needed after a few moments."
Thank you all for your replies that do help me with the features on this new and improved Dream Station besides the ramp feature. I believe that many of these are not enabled on my therapy and I am going to check into this one . As I mentioned before, this is my second go-around of using CPAP and I am DETERMINED to make it work this time. I am beginning to look forward to using the CPAP at night with the humidifier and that definitely for me is a positive step. I don't feel a lot better in the day- still tired- but am on the right track.
"in the Jungle the quiet Jungle. . . The Lion Sleeps tonight."
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2016, 03:11 PM)TheLionSleeps Wrote: Kylie: "it will start at the pressure that the data shows is necessary but if you need a lesser pressure it will adjust to what is needed after a few moments."

My uninformed guess is "a few moments" may actually be closer to tens of minutes.

It sounds like even when Opti-Start has started the pressure close to the previous session's 90% pressure, the pressure will tend to slowly meander down to the Min Pressure.

If a person rolls onto his/her back after a few hours of sleep and suddenly needs much higher pressure, it could take a long time for the pressure to gradually climb back up to where it needs to be.

So even when using Opti-Start, it sounds like it is still important that the Min Pressure is not set way lower than the 90% pressure.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 68 Yesterday, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Dreamstation 2 ramp time Sir Snoresalot 4 455 01-08-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Question re ramp up/starting pressure airsense 11 rebean 3 647 07-17-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Melman
  [Equipment] Turn off Ramp. CactusJack 4 9,408 03-30-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: DISleepApnea
  Ramp Time JeffL 4 639 03-28-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Machine noise during ramp-up. rfkennard 0 432 01-05-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: rfkennard
  Reverse ramp feature? McPhearson99 9 1,033 01-01-2023, 04:02 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.