Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ramp off, but pressure is not fixed
RE: Ramp off, but pressure is not fixed
Unless the pressure is too much and makes it difficult for you to fall asleep ramp should be turned off as it can negatively impact your results.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you feel you want or need to keep ramp, keep the pressure close to your EPAP and the smallest time duration you can get by with. Eventually you'll not need it IMO.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey,
Thanks for the setting suggestions. I tried them last night at IPAP 15, EPAP 4, PS 4, with ramp off (I also set trigger to high).  Although, I am experiencing very few AHI, I am still feeling very tired upon waking.  

The two CA events seem to occur simultaneously with mask leaks, so I think that leaves just two Hypoapnea events (I typically have shallow breathing even during the day). 

I attached last night’s data along with a zoomed in flow rate and was wondering if you have any suggestions? Thanks so much.

Screenshot of zoomed in flow rate, thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Take a look at the first set of OSCAR with the Pressures.  They were up and down almost a zig zag.  It could not have been very restful.  Now look at last light - much much calmer and that should work for better sleep.  I think you are on the right track and after a few nights like that you will be feeling better.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 205 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dreamstation 2 ramp time Sir Snoresalot 4 399 01-08-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Question re ramp up/starting pressure airsense 11 rebean 3 600 07-17-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Melman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.