Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ramp time
Ramp time
I have mine set on auto. Is there any benefit to setting it any differently? 

I've tried in the past and set it @ 15 min. I've also tried 30 min. To me, I couldn't tell any benefit. It usually takes me at least 30 min. before I fall asleep. 

Am I focusing on something that I don't need to?  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ramp time
You really don’t need to use ramp when starting at a low pressure. Have you tried turning it off?
Just start with your minimum pressure of 6cm. I bet you won’t even miss the ramp setting.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2019, 02:00 PM)OpalRose Wrote: You really don’t need to use ramp when starting at a low pressure.  Have you tried turning it off?  
Just start with your minimum pressure of 6cm.  I bet you won’t even miss the ramp setting.

I'll give that a try. Thanks for the response.
Post Reply Post Reply
I only used ramp for my first couple of weeks. Once I adjusted to having a stream of air in my breathway, I no longer needed ramp.
Post Reply Post Reply
I turned the ramp feature off last night. Not a good move for me. Too much air, too soon! 

I did though, leave it off the duration of the night. I wanted to give it a good try. My AHI this morning was 2.7. It hasn't been that high for quite some time. For me, 1.5 or under is the norm. 

At least I tried it and found out that it was uncomfortable. I'm going back to auto ramp.  Sleep-on-pillow
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Big Guy, if it's working for you that's a good thing. I personally do not use ramp and that works fine for me.

Regards,

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2019, 12:28 PM)stanleydean Wrote: Hi Big Guy, if it's working for you that's a good thing. I personally do not use ramp and that works fine for me.

Regards,

Stan

Yeah.....I'm still new to all of this and I'm finding my way as I go along. So far, it's been a pretty good journey. No real complaints as of yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2019, 10:51 AM)Big Guy Wrote: I'm going back to auto ramp.  Sleep-on-pillow

You can adjust the autoramp to start at any pressure. Eventually you can adjust it upwards until perhaps you no longer need it. It's a comfort feature so if it makes you more comfortable by all means use it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2019, 09:48 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 10:51 AM)Big Guy Wrote: I'm going back to auto ramp.  Sleep-on-pillow

You can adjust the autoramp to start at any pressure. Eventually you can adjust it upwards until perhaps you no longer need it. It's a comfort feature so if it makes you more comfortable by all means use it.

Good to know. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 6 82 36 minutes ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 855 9 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 115 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 265 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 295 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,938 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 799 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.