Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Random clusters of Central apneas
Random clusters of Central apneas

Been on cpap for five years with mostly good results.  Most nights my AHI is less than one.  In the last few months, on occasion i get an AHI 5 up to 15 and sometimes 20 but it is usually due to a cluster of dense central apneas.  Odd thing is that these clusters usually occur just before waking up.  The clusters are most always accompanied by high pressure.  Anyone had similar experience or better yet anyone know what might be happening?

These clusters are so dense that it's hard to see individual events, but when i hover my mouse across them. They are always almost all CAs with one or two "unknowns" thrown in.

Wow just looked at results in Sleepy Head. Shows a lot more info that i don't understand. I can post screen shot if someone with SH knowledge can tell me which factors to look at. Never realized so much diff between Rescan and SH.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Random clusters of Central apneas
As I study Sleepy Head data I don't understand some of the new graphs i am seeing.  I see a correlation with my CAs, Insp Time, and Exp. Time.  I am not sure what that means.  Maybe that means i am just having true CAs.  I don't know if it's something i should be concerned about. 

[Image: fkZTkvQl.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Random clusters of Central apneas
Here's a Guide for Sleepyhead. It should help explain some of the charts. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Also check the links below. It will show how to post charts here.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 602 9 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,524 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,405 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 864 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 307 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.