Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Product obsolescence
Product obsolescence
I am in the process of getting a new Cpap machine after being able to try out the Resmed Airsense 10 auto. My question is, how often does Resmed come out with a new model. I believe that this was introduced in 2014. I can wait on getting a new machine if I know that there might be a new model in about a year.

Thanks, Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Product obsolescence
I think the algorithms are very similar, just tweaks and a box change. I would be happy with an auto 10.

What is coming is offsite real-time monitoring, where the data is computer analysed for early intervention. They expects better outcomes with less hospitalisation.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Car, the Resmed machines are introduced at close to 5-year intervals. Perhaps sometime in 2019 or early 2020 they will start to introduce new equipment. That is not always a big improvement. The Airsense 10 is remarkably similar to the S9 in function. It's really hard to predict what future versions will bring, but we hope to still have access to useful data. Usually this requires a rewrite of Sleepyhead, and no one knows if that will happen or not.

The older products are not obsolete. The S8 from 2004, S9 in 2009 and S10 in 2014 all provide evolutionary advances in data storage, form factor and therapy comfort features, but all three generations share a lot in common. The same applies to Respironics since the System One 50 series in 2009, 60 series in 2012 and Dreamstation in late 2014. Even the M-Series and Legacy machines still had the same auto and BiPAP algorithms, but much different ways of storing data and lacked heated tubes and other features.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is a good machine, even if they did bring a new machine out tomorrow, it might look slightly different, but it will be much the same inside.
It is a very quiet machine and reacts quite quick, I had the Dreamstation Auto, S9 and Airsense10 home on test.  All Autos, but I felt the Airsense just had the edge, but there was not a lot in them, just the Airsense10 appealed more to me and I think it reacted ever so slightly quicker.
I don't think it is worth holding off for a new machine, if you need a new one go fir it.
The power supply drops the voltage to 24Vdc.  Just in case that is an issue for you.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info and advice.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New product to help prevent mask leaks called V-Com Sleepless in Dewberry 15 2,423 05-13-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: logart89
  new product---has anyone else purchased a "Healthy Hose" snorin2 10 1,133 08-24-2022, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Philips CPAP Product Recall Action patlink 3 1,145 07-18-2021, 10:39 AM
Last Post: macrocat
  New product? [Phillips Respironics] YizhakBot 1 642 09-06-2020, 08:07 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Oxy Level Product theMezz 0 675 01-08-2020, 07:52 PM
Last Post: theMezz
  Best Product for Avoiding a Blocked Nose holden4th 9 2,935 03-03-2016, 02:20 PM
Last Post: surferdude2
  Resmed - new product intervals Dagmar 0 1,188 11-09-2015, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Dagmar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.