Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rank Newbie
RE: Rank Newbie
Sounds lovely, HA. I haven't got around to it yet, but I will soon. It's getting much warmer and muggier here so I'd better get a wriggle on. I had to have a quiet chuckle at 'hose hugging'.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I changed over my mask, and fluffed around with testing the fit and seal etc, and found that the Swift FX is a nose hugger, compared to the P10.
The vent is half the size of the P10, and it was whistling on the exhale. I had to reduce the min pressure from 9 back to 8 because it nearly blew my brains out. I got used to it soon enough however, and should be ok for tonight. I'll leave it on 8 since the big leaks were occurring on 9 anyway. It might tell me something. 

The whole time I've had this machine, the cats have not been interested, and have kept off the bed.   Today, when I had the box everything came in, out to change the masks over, our big boy finally decided to take a look (Cats, boxes... you know how it is). He was a bit nonplussed with the air rushing out of the vent, but really didn't mind it at all.  He might even start coming back to bed, now he's had a closer look and sees it's still me, even though I talk real funny with air rushing through my mouth.  

[Image: hEvVpTRm.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wait until that jet of air exiting the FX vent in the front of the mask hits a sleeping cat.   Laugh-a-lot

It might be like when it blasted my wife...will either leave or swat you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Too-funny Too-funny Too-funny Too-funny Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried the Swift last night. Good news is that the leaks were not major.
Bad news is that the mask is destined for a hack. The pillows are ok, but I loathe the straps.
And the figures aren't so flash either.

[Image: GMlALDfl.png]

[Image: 4kAxQwEl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Must not have hit the cat with the exhaust jet.  Eat-popcorn
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
LMAO not yet. He did claim the box for the rest of the day, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Begone, demon hairpulling, cottonpicking, flappyfloppy silicone straps!  A pox on your zipperybits while we're at it. 

So far, so good. Flopped around on the pillow a bit and it's comfy, and doesn't pull my hair.  
I had nothing to lose, since I have no insurance or anything to cover or return.  
Making the best of a woefully uncomfortable situation. 
Who says convertible bras are useless? The straps sat in a little bag for several years but they're useful now Big Grin 

[Image: 2i8nT45l.jpg]

[Image: vCqr0jRl.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2017, 12:26 AM)Doza Wrote: Begone, demon hairpulling, cottonpicking, flappyfloppy silicone straps!  A pox on your zipperybits while we're at it. 

So far, so good. Flopped around on the pillow a bit and it's comfy, and doesn't pull my hair.  
I had nothing to lose, since I have no insurance or anything to cover or return.  
Making the best of a woefully uncomfortable situation. 
Who says convertible bras are useless? The straps sat in a little bag for several years but they're useful now Big Grin 

[Image: 2i8nT45l.jpg]

[Image: vCqr0jRl.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Lovely.   It worked!  Much more comfy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 130 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 211 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 194 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 515 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 213 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 308 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 281 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.