Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rank Newbie
RE: Rank Newbie
Afternoon nap... Not one obstructive, although I woke up briefly before rolling over, with the familiar feeling of a snore coming on. I was not expecting this pie graph at all.

Now that I've set up the Swift as the spare which is ready to go, I'm back on the P10. Bliss.

[Image: QIKOemrl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Well..  from what I can tell from Sleepyhead, the summary includes the nap and the night's sleep, yes? 
Would those figures be pretty good in which case? 

[Image: 8MNjtjcl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
A bit of help here, please. If warranted, that is. I really don't know, despite reading up before posting. 
I reckon that asking how long it takes to settle into something meaningfully like effective therapy, is like asking how long a piece of string is, so I'll avoid that for now, but.... 

I'm uploading quite a few of these large leak patches of late.  All of my charts are loaded to Imgur each day in case there's a pattern I don't have the nous to recognise.  I've been on this gig for 22 nights now, with no issues in relation to good/bad nights in terms of my sleep as I know it.  Seeing where the red line is, most in the greyed areas don't seem to be much over at all (?), so it's more the duration of concern than the level? 

As far as I know, I'm not mouth breathing, but then again I sleep like a log so I wouldn't know.  I'm certainly not yet feeling any better during the day, nor waking up anything resembling refreshed. 

I can only presume that unconsciously I've settled into being attached to something quite intrusive for the first time in my life, accounting for the leaks, likely related to increased movement over time.  

My settings have been the same for a week (min from 8 to 9 being the only change for a while).

I guess though, while avoiding the piece of string question, what I'd like some reassurance with, is whether the data so far is showing it's making a difference?  

[Image: XNsFLrtl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Doza, I hope it’s okay to toss this question into the mix for analysts. It came up with the juxtaposition of leaks and flow limit in your chart and your question about leaks.

Question for analysts....
“How is it that leaks and flow limit echo one another? A big leak wouldn’t create less flow limit rather than more?”

——-

I am in total empathy with the simmering frustration thing, the maddening leaks that don’t seem to correspond to reality, the dawning realization that A10A 4Her seems to be slacking off on the job of perking up a tired Her.
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL 'a tired Her'. Pretty much!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ugh.  Afternoon nap interrupted by a power outage.  Most unpleasant.  

I'd still like some feedback re my post before Halfasleep's above, if that's ok.  Thanks in advance. A quick review by some who knows what they're looking at exactly would be reassuring. 

I've changed back to XS pillows, and tried it out in today's nap, which showed a small amount of major leakage, but that was only for an hour or so. 

Somehow the original image glitched in that post.  Here's last night's, showing yet another large leak issue in the report:
[Image: Onekk7Hl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2017, 04:43 PM)Doza Wrote: Well..  from what I can tell from Sleepyhead, the summary includes the nap and the night's sleep, yes? 

The main sleep session from 22:30 to about 04:45 (about 6.25 hours) has 8-events or 1.25 AHI, mainly obstructive.  Mild to moderate low limitation is present, and the obstructive event rate is certainly within reason.  At 9 to 15 pressure with EPR 2 your pressure tends to hang out around 11.0 cm.  The same pattern is present in the 10/23 session.

My suggestion, based purely on my good looks and engaging personality, is to try a minimum pressure of 10, keep the 15 max and increase EPR to 3.  There is a decent argument for increasing that minimum to 11.0 with EPR at 3, so stay tuned. I think you'd benefit from an earlier bed time and more hours of night-time sleep, and maybe not rely on that afternoon nap.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doza, I can hear your frustration, and I'm sending you encouragement. It's a lot to cope with in short order (for nous, body, and soul), and it's been just over 3 weeks. I think you're doing awesome!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2017, 08:41 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 04:43 PM)Doza Wrote: Well..  from what I can tell from Sleepyhead, the summary includes the nap and the night's sleep, yes? 

The main sleep session from 22:30 to about 04:45 (about 6.25 hours) has 8-events or 1.25 AHI, mainly obstructive.  Mild to moderate low limitation is present, and the obstructive event rate is certainly within reason.  At 9 to 15 pressure with EPR 2 your pressure tends to hang out around 11.0 cm.  The same pattern is present in the 10/23 session.

My suggestion, based purely on my good looks and engaging personality, is to try a minimum pressure of 10, keep the 15 max and increase EPR to 3.  There is a decent argument for increasing that minimum to 11.0 with EPR at 3, so stay tuned.  I think you'd benefit from an earlier bed time and more hours of night-time sleep, and maybe not rely on that afternoon nap.

Thanks muchly, SR.  Thank goodness for your good looks and engaging personality! I still get very confused about the different events, despite a lot of reading.  

So if I up the minimum, would the CAs be likely to increase?  And that would be ok, being something many of us seem to have to settle into for a while before those events decrease?   Or have I got myself all tangled up again in all the lingo and interpretations I'm seeing here and there?  
I'm doing this completely independently, without a sleep doctor/tech etc so I feel under a bit more pressure than many to try to eventually make sense of it all. 

I'll change the settings up for tonight and see how I go. I'm surprised I tolerate the 9 minimum as well as I do while awake, actually.  By morning I hardly even notice I'm all hitched up to a breathin' machine. 

As for sleep hours, yes, I have to work on that.  I've been going to bed a bit earlier since I started this bizzo, and with that I've noticed that I'm not crashing on the couch of an evening at all, which was what would always happen before, so there ya go. There has been a difference already after all. 
As for naps, I'm taking far fewer which is also a good thing, although it's been very difficult to not head to bed during the day.
We live on our work premises, which are open 7 days a week (just us, no staff), from 6am. While life can get incredibly tedious during work hours (long work days, too), it's convenient at least for us to nick off for a little while to catch a nap.   My partner is in bed by 8:30pm (straight after dinner), but I need wind-down time after dinner of an evening, but am aiming for 10pm (7 hours in bed) at this stage to get to bed without crashing on the couch. 

And despite adjusting to all things CPAP, and both of us having to get used to swapping sides of the bed, I'm still sleeping like a log. Although much fewer of those logs are getting sawn these days. Gotta like that.  He certainly does, especially this last week with company occupying the spare bed LOL 

HalfAsleep, ain't that the truth!  Thank you <3
Post Reply Post Reply
Doza, I'm not convinced the CA is a problem here, and we will have to wait and see what happens with increased EPR. Notice that the CA events all occur during a nap, and not your night-time slumber. That is more suggestive of sleep disturbance than a central apnea. You are already using EPR at 2, and most people don't uncork a big CA problem with an added 1-cm, but everyone is different, so we just have to give it a try and see where it takes us.

The argument in favor of more EPR with an increase in minimum pressure, is that we're attempting to use some bilevel titration principles to address the hypopnea and flow limitation. It is a bit unconventional for CPAP, but if it works, I think you'll like it. We always have the option to return to previous settings. Good luck, and sleep well!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 113 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 192 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 177 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 504 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 194 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 287 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 269 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.