Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rank Newbie
RE: Rank Newbie
LOL The stuff of British variety skits Big Grin

I've been doing a lot of reading about masks, since that's the bit I'm probably going to have more concerns about once this thing starts happening. Love the notion of nasal pillows vs masks, however I have a 20+-year-old piercing, and wonder whether that might be an issue. It's not as if it will heal over any time soon.
I don't recall it being an issue for the initial study, and I can't even recall whether the stud was removed for the two sets of prongs they had shoved up there (yes, brain fog is a big part of my life).
I only ask because so much seems to hang on that elusive seal, and I'm curious.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just think tape or Super Glue.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I seem to be blasting the forum with accolades for the Dreamwear nasal mask in my first three posts, but it has worked really well for me. I would give it a try. There are no prongs that go up your nose and instead it just seals against the bottom of your nose. I haven't had any issues sleeping in any position and with the tube connection at the top of my head it doesn't feel like it is pulling me around.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Kingstar Smile
Haa WallaWalla. Just might need it Big Grin

Ok, I'm just setting up an Imgur and have had to take photos of my data to edit before posting. Not sure which bits are most useful to you. There are several charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Not sure which bits are most useful to you. There are several charts.

Just follow the links in Walla Walla's signature, especially Organise your SleepyHead charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Titration study tonight. Yay.. I'll be glad when it's done.
I'm installing Sleepyhead so I'm ready with data when I get it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2017, 03:50 PM)Doza Wrote: Titration study tonight. Yay.. I'll be glad when it's done.
I'm installing Sleepyhead so I'm ready with data when I get it.

Just make sure when you arrange for a new machine it is one that is compatible with Sleepyhead, preferably Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset or Philips Dreamstation Auto.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your titration study is an opportunity to try different masks, take advantage of the opportunity. Ask. I walked away from my last titration study with 2 new different (demo) masks because I asked to try several. That may or may not work for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do, on both counts. Thank you Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Well. That was fun.... LOL
Was offered two masks, and tried on a nasal and a nasal pillow, under pressure before lying down. Both felt ok, but they had to find me some smaller pillows.
Because I wear glasses which are hard enough on my old nose as it is, I opted for the pillows, which sealed ok with no dramas. I got through the night with them and, discomfort with the wires, tape and bands notwithstanding, didn't need to change anything but the humidifier setting which made my mask snore all by itself. Yuk.
I did cop some exhale blockage at times, but i have no idea whether or not I snored/opened my mouth for any length of time.
I did definitely spend a lot more time on my back than I could ever tolerate on any other given time.
I did have to take big breaths through my mouth occasionally and it seemed to be more difficult to fully exhale than inhale throughout.
I'll know in a few weeks where to from there.
And I didn't feel refreshed at all when I was woken. Wasn't expecting much in that department though.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 392 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 489 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 274 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 298 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.