Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit 10
Humidifier: built in
CPAP Pressure: 5-18
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Mac OSX 10.11.3

Sex: Male

RE: Rant - Want to throw IPhone out the window
(12-31-2015 12:28 PM)foss Wrote:  How about adding AT&T to the rant. My wife's iPhone 4 is tired and needs to be replaced. I have had cellular service with AT&T since 1984. Remember the Motorola bricks? I currently have 4 iPhones on my account. In the old days you could pay a fee and commit to a 2 year contract and keep going. Now, no matter how I work things out, I will end up paying significantly more per month. My phone bill is bigger than my car payment!

Yeah, I had a brick also, but not with ATT. Smile

1- As of January 8 ATT will eliminate ALL 2-year contracts according to various news reports. The claim is that ATT is the last vendor with a 2-year contract. Basically, Apple announced the end of Carrier-Lock-in Contracts when they announced their Monthly payment plan this summer, which cut out all of the Carriers. As of yesterday, details have not yet been formally posted by ATT. Although, the ATT Next program may be the survivor.

2- Yes, all of the reports I've read imply that no matter how you cut it, you are going to pay more going forward!
(and virtually none of the increased cost is related to the actual Phone - iPhone or Galaxy or other.)

3- The key to understanding your Car payment is the simple fact that car payments are calculated over a minimum of 3, and more commonly today, a 5 or 6 year basis. Those of us with connections to the Banking/Credit Union business for many years have been criticizing the expansion of Auto-loans from what used to be a maximum of 3 years, to much longer maturities -- all in the name of keeping monthly payments below $300 per month.

Bill Magill
Retired computing and networking professional
(ARPAnet, Unix and Mac OSX)
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,
but actually — from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint —
it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff."
The Doctor
12-31-2015 04:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
whmagill Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto set
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit 10
Humidifier: built in
CPAP Pressure: 5-18

Other Comments: Mac OSX 10.11.3

Sex: Male

(12-31-2015 03:41 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:  There are increasing reports in our local news outlets about the iPhone battery catching on fire. One fellow had to pull off his pants in the middle of a Home Depot parking lot to avoid further burns when his iPhone caught on fire in his pocket. These news reports further stated that Apple is quietly replacing these phones to avoid media attention.
Your media are a bit behind the times -- the Lithium Battery business was with the iPhone 5 back in 2014. The replacement program was extended in the spring of 2015 until 1 January 2016.

And, in general, ALL Lithium Ion batteries are problematic. Especially when third-party replacement batteries and chargers are used in the devices.
These warnings have been issued for every vendor and every battery you can find, not just Apple. Consumer affairs has an interesting listing of the problems.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/lithium-ion-batteries

Bill Magill
Retired computing and networking professional
(ARPAnet, Unix and Mac OSX)
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,
but actually — from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint —
it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff."
The Doctor
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2015 04:25 PM by whmagill.)
12-31-2015 04:24 PM
49er Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: VPAP-S
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Sleep Weaver Elan Soft Cloth Nasal Mask
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 13.6/9.6

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed
Sorry, I didn't realize there had been alot of responses to this thread so thank you all for responding.

Saldus Miegas, you may have missed this but I did do an extensive internet search but unfortunately, it didn't result in a resolution. I do have an appointment at the local apple store on Monday and hopefully, they can help. Glad you have gotten good service from At&t

Sleeprider, I am barely using the maximum cloud space as an FYI. But you are right, resistance is futile. Smile

whmagill - I purchased my phone on ebay so I am not sure I qualify for telephone support. But I will certainly. try. I carefully went though your suggestions (thank you very much) and the only thing I had to change was the calendar setting to sync to all events. Oh, and I didn't find the specific setting to sync contacts to fetch automatically but I will double check to make sure.

Foss - Sorry you are having problems also. I hope you get them resolved.

Crimson Nape - Wow, a iphone battery catching fire. I would expect that with laptops. And in fact, several years ago, that almost happened to my mom's Toshiba as she had to quickly get it out to the balcony to cool it off.

Thanks again everyone.
01-02-2016 04:59 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  iOS 10 out tommorrow -- upgrade an iPhone 6? justMongo 25 745 09-18-2016 01:26 PM
Last Post: AlanE
Exclaimation A little rant about walking in the road in the dark. pupcamper 12 472 09-03-2016 07:35 PM
Last Post: pupcamper
  On my 2nd iPhone 6 replacement in a year cate1898 4 551 12-20-2015 08:16 PM
Last Post: ginzo
  New iPhone 5 ad cbramsey 6 2,783 09-25-2012 07:58 AM
Last Post: mjbearit
  Can’t transfer photos from iphone to pc!? Wentworth Miller 5 2,509 09-07-2012 07:10 AM
Last Post: weeble