Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rapid Breathing
I haven't been on here in a while. I thought everything was going pretty good, however in the past month or so I am waking up breathing very fast and it is hard to slow it down. This is happening while I am on the CPAP. Any idea what is going on?

Thanks
Frank
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome back!

I would suggest that you see your doctor. . . soon! If you have a recording oximeter, gather your nightly data.
Post Reply Post Reply
what does your chart actually say your [respiration rate] and [minute ventilation] is now compared to before your issue (a couple months ago). how are your AHI scores recently? any indications at the point where you awake? OA/CA/H/RERA.

I breathe rapidly and shallow immediately before I wake when I remember dreaming vividly. I have decided that period is REM sleep that I was done with or interrupted from.

[by the way, I agree that Oximeter info would be a great indicator if available.]
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Mouth Breathing making me feel bad Pokey 10 266 05-20-2017, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Pokey
  Cflex + Causing Mouth Breathing? redmed 19 403 05-04-2017, 04:49 PM
Last Post: redmed
Question Periodic breathing, and higher pressures Hockenberry 8 324 05-02-2017, 05:30 AM
Last Post: ajack
  [Symptoms] Periodic breathing garywych 16 578 04-29-2017, 12:43 AM
Last Post: garywych
  Periodic Breathing Sleepyv 5 291 04-27-2017, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Sleepyv
  [Diagnosis] Aerophagia causing breathing difficulty? Cuppa 6 358 04-17-2017, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Cuppa
  Waking up with heavy rapid breathing. Sleepyv 14 676 04-17-2017, 02:25 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last