Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Raw, dry feeling in Nose and sinuses
Raw, dry feeling in Nose and sinuses
Many mornings I wake up with extremely raw feeling in nose and in sinuses around eyes.

Some mornings, like today, I wake up about 4:00 or even earlier and have to give up on the mask. Sitting in recliner that keeps head a bit elevated seems to help some. 

Today it was about 11:00AM before I could do much of anything other than eat a light breakfast.

I have used saline spray once or twice a night and it takes some of the edge off it but far making it feel good!

I have tried to explain this to Doctor and DME but don't think they are understanding what I'm trying to say. Last time I talked to the Doctor he said something like "Your compliance numbers I'm seeing look good." 

Humidity of machine is set at 4 out of 5.

I'm sure there will be questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Raw, dry feeling in Nose and sinuses
Not a question, just a comment...

If you are telling your Dr that you are having pain/discomfort as a result of xPAP therapy and his response is "But your numbers look good", then I might suggest you find a new Dr. Or at the very least be a pain in his/her backside until he/she listens. They work for you!

It would help if you take a screenshot or two from OSCAR and post them here. Others may be able to help you make adjustments that can help.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2020, 02:42 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: It would help if you take a screenshot or two from oscar and post them here.  Others may be able to help you make adjustments that can help.

I'll try to see if in the next day or two I can do just that.

I know I posted some in the past but that was when they had me trying a Bipap machine.

The worst problem I was having with that machine is I could never get used to the way it seemed to try to force me to breath when I was awake trying to get to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had same, and increased my humidity which helped a bit, a shot of Flonase (per my sleep dr) in the morning seem to make it go away pretty well.
Glen in Ft Lauderdale

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2020, 03:04 PM)kshansen Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 02:42 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: It would help if you take a screenshot or two from oscar and post them here.  Others may be able to help you make adjustments that can help.

I'll try to see if in the next day or two I can do just that.

I know I posted some in the past but that was when they had me trying a Bipap machine.

The worst problem I was having with that machine is I could never get used to the way it seemed to try to force me to breath when I was awake trying to get to sleep.

There are a LOT of knowledgeable people here who can help, if you would only share your results.  Without data, there's no quantifiable information for us to improve.

Speaking only for myself, I have transitioned to a bi-level machine.  The day after my first night I was a total vegetable.  I felt so beat up that I was incapable of doing anything that day.  Couldn't drive, operate machinery, etc.  I could barely make it through the day.  I was in a deep fog.  In less than a week, under the guidance of this AWESOME board, I have totally turned things around.  I feel better than I have felt in quite a while.  I still have a bit to go, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now and the light is getting brighter and brighter.  

Now, I can't say your improvements will be identical, or in the same time frame, but I can clearly say there's some sharp folks here with some really practical experience.  And, rest assured, they are methodical, persistent and encouraging at the same time.  Please post your results and members can and will help you.  There's no downside and a huge potential for improvement!  My two cents.

If you haven't already, please update OSCAR to the newest version.  It's really easy to generate usable screenshots.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 150 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,971 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 325 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.